Google

Friday, December 09, 2005

This and That

I don't really have topic today just a bunch of little stuff to chat about.

Over the last two days at work, there have been re-organizations abound. They do this every year and this one is no different. It really started when the high ups announced the high up re-org in Oct. There were lots of middle mgmt folks that lost their jobs. Now it has finally trickled down to our area. To give you an idea of the layout, in the entire IT org, there are about 15,000 people. My slice ot the org chart is about 3000 people. Today we found out that another 30 people are gone. One of them was a person who I reported to for about 6 weeks. Nice guy, was even in Gambino's football pool last year (he was one of the ones at the bottom of the pool), but as a manager he was not so good. He never stuck up for his staff. I love my current mgr. If we feel that the decision that we made was sound, she will back that decision and stand up for us. I don't want to say too much more on that but all the details are being played out on Monday as we have a 2 hrs video conference to discuss it. Should be exciting.... NOT.

It snowed out yesterday. My pet peeve is the folks who do not clear off their cars but expect that if they drive fast enough the snow will blow off. IT WILL NOT BLOW OFF!!!! How freaking hard is it to clean off your car. These folks don't even bother to clean the head/tail lights off either.... and then they wonder why people hit them. You would think that the Darwin theory would kick in eventually. At least that it the thought that I cling to every day I have to deal with idiots.

Nice snow story. This morning, hubby and I rode to work. I work about 10 miles from his place and drop him off on the way. I drive down 124th st between Watertown Plank and North Ave. It is a two lane street with lots of trees. This morning when the snow was still fresh it looked so pretty. The trees were sparkling with the new snow in the early morning light. It is a pretty street in the fall. Lots of big, old trees that form a canopy over the road.

My girl, Cindy, was kicked off of Survivor last nite. Damn. I am in a pool and thought maybe this year I would have a chance. I had the same thought a few years ago when I had Rupert and never cashed. We only get payouts on immunity winning and the final three. I have been in a pool every season and only cashed in one - and that was a third place that was won by my dogs! (i needed another player)

Have a funeral and Christmas party to hit tomorrow. We also want to get the outside decorations up on the house. My job tonight (while hubby is playing poker with the B) is to get the lights out and make sure they all work. How is that a fair trade off?? oh well...

1 comment:

cosmopolgirl said...

I liked Cindy on Survivor too. She was really playing it under the radar. When the hell are the kicking Stephanie off??