Google

Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Nice Evening

Sorry it's been awhile since I last wrote. It seems like it is hard to find time in the evening lately. I hate to miss the finale of Biggest Loser on Tuesday or Lost and Invasion on Wednesdays.

Tonite, I went to my niece's Holiday choir pageant at her school. Cheyenne is 10 years old and in the 5th grade. Chey had a solo during one of the songs and she did a really good job. It was so cute because her sister, Skylinn, who is 4, was sitting next to me and she was singing away and moving her arms just like they were doing on stage. After every song she would get up and clap her little heart out. The people around us got a kick out of it. You can tell that the school avoids any Christian religious references about Jesus. They did sing about Kwanzaa and Channakah. But that was only making a quick mention of them.

I had to take Riley to the vet yesterday. He has an yeast infection in his ear. I should have just gotten him a thing of Monostat 7 and be done with it, instead the vet writes a prescription for an anti-fungal pill. I go to Walgreens and drop it off earlier tonite. They say it will be ready after 6pm. On my way home, I stop to pick it up, and the place is packed. I had to wait 35 minutes to get my prescription. What a joke. Who knew that 8:30pm on a Thursday evening would be a peak time. It was less crowded when I dropped the prescription off at 5:00pm. I should have just waited. Oh well....

My ride into work sucked today. 1 hour and 15 minutes to go 30 miles. I don't think I went faster than 40 the whole way. Have I said that I hate driving in winter??

1 comment:

Erik said...

Yep, they're beating the hell outta Christmas in the schools. And these are the same people telling th kids to be tolerant of everything and everyone. Hipocrites.

I know what you mean on that winter driving. All too damn well.