Google

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A Disturbing Trend

Lately, I have been seeing a disturbing trend. People who, for whatever reason, cannot drive the speed limit.

Going to work this morning, I am driving along Howell Ave. The speed limit here is 45. I get to the stop light and there are two cars in front of me. The woman in front of the pack is going 35-37. After about 1/2 mile she should no longer be trying to get up to speed, she should be at speed. And of course you know that the fools in the other lane are afraid to pass her so they too are holding up traffic in that lane. It is 6:00 am people. No need to be an idiot. grrrr..... it seems like I am seeing this happen more and more. Even on the freeway. On-ramp are there for you to get up to the speed of traffic and merge.... not do 10 mph and then get mad when no one lets you in because you have no run out of room on the merging lane. I have, on purpose, 'drifted' over to the right so that people cannot get past me. If you are stupid enough to now be driving on the rumble strips, too bad. You ain't getting in front of me. Oh, yeah... most of these people are driving minivans. Don't even get me started on minivan drivers!

Ok, enough of me bitchin'....

Zobmondo!

Would you rather.....

Have a Texas accent and live in New York City

----OR----

have a New York accent and live in Texas?

See not all of these are disgusting.... just thought provoking....I would have to go with Texas accent in New York. I have not been to either New York or Texas but I would think that it is easier to blend in with the many flavors of New York accents than the other way around. Just my two cents.

Tomorrow's Zobmondo! is dedicated to Ms. Gambino.

4 comments:

cosmopolgirl said...

Speaking as a New York girl with only a tiny accent that comes out on ridiculous words that I rarely use or when I've been on the phone arguing with my mother, I would love to be the New York girl in Texas. Nothing sexier than a guy with a southern accent, gentlemanly charm wearing cowboy books and tipping his hat to me.

AletaR said...

I have to go with the New York accent living in Texas. Been to New York...never been to Texas

WhisKeYGyrL said...

I have to agree with my auntie over there!!! And ummm heyjo...I had to giggle when I read your driving/speed limit post!! I recall a vehicle doing cart wheels!! ;) (and it wasn't mine)

J. Gambino said...

I have already been accused of having a New York accent, that is even before I do my impression of my family reunions. So I will go with the NY in Texas.

Where is my zobmondo for today?