Google

Sunday, January 08, 2006

What a Crappy Sunday

What a screwed up Sunday. it started about 8:00am this morning when my pager goes off. We have a issue that no automated tickets are being created from the mainframe. hmmmmm...... suspicious already. Network and Midrange tickets are still being created but not the mainframe. So I get all the people needed together for a conference call. This was about 9:15 am. It is now after 1:00pm and we are still going around and round trying to figure out what the f*#% is going on. Automation is saying that it is the CIC interface, CIC interface is saying that it is OPAS (my app). I am saying it is not me. If it were my app, it would be all or nothing. Not some tickets can be created and others cannot. So, have to join back into the conference line in about 10 minutes to see if there are any updates. The sucky thing is that tonight I have the database maintenance to do. That will go from about 7:45pm until about 11:00pm. What a way to ruin a whole freakin' day. Hubby is so happy (not) that we are not getting anything done today. Needed to go grocery shopping and wanted to get the basement cleaned up for the football party next Sat. I love my job, I love my job, I love my job..... the bad part is I really do like my job but just not this part of it. We are 24x7 support and it is my week for being on call.

ZOBMONDO!

Would you rather....

Be trapped in jail with a guard that hates you

----OR----

with a cell mate who hates you?

I have to go with the cell mate who hates me. No real reason why. Guards tend to have guns.

No comments: