Google

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A Bit of Reality

I am addicted to reality shows. I like the Biggest Loser. American Idol, Survivor and Amazing Race rock. I am gearing up for the new season of these shows to begin in the next few weeks. I am thinking about running a Survivor pool again. Those of you who are interested, drop me a line. I will be sending out an email to those of you who have participated in the past.

So on the Biggest Loser last week it was families competing. There was a teenage girl on there who had a pink tshirt that said 'Trust me, I'm a Blonde' She was not really blonde. But it was a cute shirt. I wonder if this was the inspiration for Blonde to start her blog?? I know she is a blonde as you can see glimpse of her hair on some of her pics. This week was engaged couples. The one couple lost 55 lbs. in two weeks. Now they have to go home for the next five months and continue to lose weight. The winning couple gets a 50,000 dream wedding. It is cool to see how motivated these people are and how well they do. The week we will see who won.

Mike McCarthy. Who is that you ask?? Apparently that is the next coach of the Packers. He was the offensive coordinator at San Fran and was the QB coach under Ray Rhodes. Should be interesting. I wonder if they hired him because Favre will be back next year and they wanted someone Brett was familiar with. Only time will tell.

ZOBMONDO!

Would you rather....
Give birth to a child knowing there is a 25% chance you'll die during childbirth

----OR----
never have children of your own??

Going with the no kid option. Never had 'em, never will. This is intentional. Everytime, I think maybe, just maybe I may want them. I jus have to look at my sister's rugrats. Cures that urge everytime. Plus, it is hard enough trying to find a good dog sitter, let alone a babysitter. I would never stick my parents with that. They watch my sister's kids way too much.

'Having children is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain' -Martin Mull.

3 comments:

Erik said...

No reality show pool for me. I despise the damned things. If I want to go look at attention whores doing dumb things, I'll go back to high school.

Never have kids is my pick. I could live without kids, although some days I wouldn't mind one. But ONLY one.

J. Gambino said...

Mother nature has taken care of the child thing for me. But if I had a choice, I would give birth. I am in for the Survivor pool. I do believe I did quite well last time.

WhisKeYGyrL said...

Other peoples kids and having one of your own are two different things.. I used to be like you Jo.. Never wanted them... However, I now have nick and I am lucky to be alive. I had a really bad pregnacy and dealing with my diabetes was no joke. Passing out all the time and shyt... But anyways I wouldnt trade him for the world.