Google

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Another Day, Another Dollar

I am going to start today's post out with a message to DJW. QUIT DELETING YOUR BLOG EVERY FEW WEEKS. We enjoy reading it, most of the time. Yeah, you may have a few drunk and stupid posts but hey, don't we all. That is the fun of it. You can look back at it and say WOW! How drunk was I?? PS I hope you are still going to be at the party on Sat. It should be a good time.

Ok, on to other stuff....

A fun little trick to try. Go to Google and type 'failure' in the search box. Then click I'm Feeling lucky! Gotta love the result it returns. Just a bit of fun for today.

My rant for today is about what people wear or don't wear to work. I work for a bank in their IT division. My building for the most part is made up of older programmers and computer geeks. Most of the time, we are lucky they wear clothes. This has more to do with the women who work there. The dress code is business casual. Heavy on the casual. But since when did a scrub top become business casual. Unless you work in a medical facility, scrubs should not be part of your work clothes rotation. I could see this maybe happening on a Friday when it is a jeans day. But a Wednesday?? I don't get it.

The second part to this is the women who still wear the tight stirrup pants with the 1 inch pump and longer sweater. Get into the 21st century lady! This is her attire for at least two days a week. It was not a good look back in the early 90's let alone now. And if you are going to wear light colored pants, wear light colored underwear. Not saying you have to wear a thong but do not wear a light tan pant with a dark flowered underwear. Do you not look at yourself in a mirror before you leave the house?!?! The same thing goes for light colored tops and a dark bra. You are not a fashion model so don't think you can pull off that look.

Now this next part is geared toward the gals who like to wear pants that are cut low in the back. I do not, I repeat, do not want to see the back of your underwear either (also included in this is seeing your crack). Now if we are out in a bar or something, I don't care. I just think that it not appropriate to wear for work. I am no fashion plate and tend to be fairly conservative in my work dressing. But I would like to think that I can dress myself without looking like I just stepped out of the trailer park.

Whew!! Enough about that already!

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather...

Slide down a 1,000 foot rope with every part of you body covered except for your hands

----OR----

do the same thing wearing only gloves and shorts?

I am going with gloves and shorts. No real reason as to why.... just cuz..

3 comments:

Blonde said...

I'll go with the just hands uncovered. The thought of having possible rope burns between my tits, on my thighs and on my cooch...YIKES!!!

I am very fortunate that my work has a strict 100% business professional dress code. I have seen some of these people outside of work and they look like freaks.

I agree with you on the stretch pants (stir up pants!?!?!) and long sweater look. All that is missing from that mess is high hair, a matching scrunchy, squished down socks and really pale pink lipstick. Oh my god...it is high school all over again!

J. Gambino said...

I am going with just hands uncovered. You can certainly use your legs to grip as well.

I can't believe you outed my favorite outfit. Now what will I wear to work? Thanks a lot.

StB said...

I typed failure into Google and got this blog. Just kidding!

It showed Michael Moore so I guess it is accurate.