Google

Friday, January 20, 2006

Strange Gum Sayings

A few weeks ago, I went to Sam's Club to buy gum. I tend to chew a lot of gum at work. It is a good stress reliever. Chomp on gum, instead of yell at someone for being stupid. It is easier and cheaper to buy it in bulk. The flavor this time is Dentyne Fire. They have repackaged the gum recently into a little tri-fold type box instead of flimsy paper or push thru tinfoil. One of the things they have started including in their packaging is a thing called Dentyne-isms. Here are the ones in the packs I have opened recently.

#168 - Sticks and stones may break my bones, but rug burn really hurts.
#158 - Surfing used to be done in the water. Now it's done mostly at work.

WTF?!?! I don't get what it has to do with gum. But the first one is a bit odd to put in gum. My first thoughts were "get off your knees!". Maybe that is just my warped sense of humor....

One of the guys I work with in Portland found a link to this totally hilarious eBay auction. He had sent this to me back in November and I just found the email again. You used to be able to see the questions that folks had asked the seller. They were too funny. I wish I wouthought thoguht to post that a few months especiallyspecally love the pirate comments.

It is snowing out again. I had to go out and shovel the lawn so Riley could poo. He had to go so bad, and could barely wait for me to finish shoveling a 3x3 area for him to go. I will have hubby snowblow the rest of the lawn tomorrow morning. I have to say that it is nice outside. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful.

ZOBMONDO!

Would you rather...accidentallycidently hit in the head very hard with a sock with a potato in it

----OR----

with a rubber hose??

I am going with the rubber hose. Potatos (or is it potatoes?? Damn, where is Al Gore when I need him??) are hard.

The factiod to go with this is 'Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories in an hour.' Who would have thunk it.

2 comments:

J. Gambino said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J. Gambino said...

Okay, I pick the potato. Potatoes is the correct plural. I believe the gaff you are referring to is when Dan Quayle mispelled the singular form of potato with an "e", thus, potatoe.