Google

Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy MLK Day

Federal Holidays.... gotta love them. When you work for a bank, you get all these crazy federal holidays off. I'm not saying that the reason for the day is crazy or a bad idea, just that I would rather have the day after Thanksgiving off than today.

It was a productive day tho'. My cd burner in my pc is on its way out. I was going to buy a new one but figured for the extra 30 bucks I could get a dvd burner instead. So that was my project for today. I get my screwdriver out and the vacuum cleaner. I know from experience that the inside of the case is going to be dusty. OMG!! I could have had a family of dust bunnies living in there. No wonder it has been crankin' lately. It took me about 10 minutes to put the new burner in and take out my old cd drive. It took me 30 minutes to get all the crap out from the inside. I highly recommend taking the cover off of your pc every so often and cleaning it out. Air in a can is good for that as well. Now it runs like new. I am getting to the point where I am running out of space. My main drive is a13 gig drive and I am getting very close to running out of room. My second drive is a 60 gig and I have about 18 gig left. Do I get a new pc or get another hard drive?? I just hate the thought of configuring another pc to get all the garbage off of it that they stick on there.

Once I took the old drive out , I put it in the box with all my other spare parts. Which led me to cleaning out my old software bucket. I threw out several copies of Windows 95/98. There was a bunch of crap software that I had from my techie days. Most of it is now in the trash. It felt good to get that stuff cleaned up.

Had the gang over for a 'football' party on Sat. It was a fun time. Played some poker that went on way too long. I took out hubby ( pocket A to his pocket K) , Tim (I had quad 9) and Andy (pocket A). StB and I ended up the last two and just split the pot cuz we were both tired of playing. I would have these type of evenings every weekend. Just hanging out with good friends and beer.

Sunday was a lazy day. Did nothing except the dishes left from Sat.

ZOBMONDO!

Would you rather....

While trying to fight off a polar bear, be armed with a stun gun

----OR----

A spear?

I am going with the stun gun. I am not sure I would be strong enough to kill the bear with a spear.

2 comments:

Erik said...

Depends on chip speed in my opinion if you want to scrap the old system or not. If you need disk space, take all the crap you don't use much and stuff it on a DVD. Just my $0.02.

I'd go with the spear. Stun guns sometimes take multiple hits to drop a person. I don't know if the batteries would hold enough power to drop a bear.

J. Gambino said...

I am going with the stun gun. I would use it on myself so I was sufficiently unconscious when the bear killed me.