Google

Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Milestone

I noticed that this is my 50th post. Wow, who would have thought that I would have stuck with this blogging stuff long enough to do it 50 times?? I kinda like it. It is a way for me to vent.


I got my new bike. It is so cool. I love it. We went with P&K to go pick it out on Sat. As K said, it was so much fun spending someone else's money. It weighs about 15 lbs. Pink and grey as you can see from the pics. Right now it kinda looks kinda freaky/funky with the orange trainer tire on the back and with my blue shoes. It will look better when I ride it outside with the black tire on it. The orange one is for using on my trainer only and not for outside. I am going to put some grey pedals on it and am going to get a pink and grey helmet that will match. I had looked at some either blue or yellow pedals but it kinda looked like someone threw up on it. I figured that if I get the pink pedals it will look a bit too foo-fooey, so I am sticking with the grey ones for now. I rode for an hour yesterday and today and really like how smooth it shifts and rides. A huge difference from my hybrid bike. If you live in southeastern part of Wisconsin, I highly recommend visiting Jesse at the Hales Corners Wheel & Sprocket store. We got a fantastic deal on both of our bikes.

ZOBMONDO!

Would you rather.....

Die before your spouse of fifty years does, knowing he or she will be heartbroken for another twenty years

----OR----

watch your spouse die before you after fifty years together?

Damn, this is a hard one. Do I want to be heartbroken for twenty years or have my hubby heartbroken for twenty years?? I think I would rather die first. I don't know if I could stand being heartbroken for another twenty years. My grandpa had always said that he wished he would have died when my grandma died because he spent almost twenty years after that being so lonely and missed her so much.

have a good week all..

4 comments:

StB said...

That is one hideous looking contraption.

J. Gambino said...

I think I would rather live with the heartache rather than knowing my spouse was in pain.

Blonde said...

I LOVE the pink bike!!! If it wasn't so Mary Kay-ish, ghetto fabulous, Barbie then I would have a pink car. I love all things pink.

I would rather die first. I watched my father, the only man I ever loved, suffer and die a young man. I don't ever want to live through that again. Sorry if that makes me selfish, but at least I leave the person behind enough money to get over me quickly :). That is a consolation prize.

WhisKeYGyrL said...

Cute bike... Pink is definately your color... Such a girly girl you are! ;)