Google

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Stuff

I am starting to write my blog throughout the day at work, as I think of something, I can capture it and not have to try and remember it later on. Since my work has half the internet blocked, this is the next best thing.

How ironic is this. Miss Deaf Texas is struck and killed by a train that she didn't hear. Go here for the details.

Last nite, K and I went to a women's nite at the bike store. It was a fun time. They had lots of good advice, new clothes, and other goodies. Had some good sales but nothing was in my size. Hubby would love it if I came home with a new jersey or two. NOT. He can't figure out why I need so many. You need them for specific rides. Like when I did the Zoo fundraiser ride, I wore the jersey that has a toucan on it. The beer ride, what else a beer jersey. Plus they are just cool. Too me anyway. Dave, you asked about the orange tire. It was meant to be ridden indoors on a trainer not on the pavement. You use this type of tire because they are cheaper to replace ($30) vs a regular tire that costs about $75. My bike is pink, so the orange tire is a bit garish looking.

New Dentyne-ism
#101 - Why do all unusual meats taste like chicken? Who cares?? Maybe cuz most meats in the raw form with no gussying up are rather bland. I hope that these start to get better.

We are supposed to get dumped on with snow again. I guess we are getting paid back for the lack of snow all winter. The nice thing is that by early next week, it is supposed to be 40 out again.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....
Bang your funny bone five times in a row until it is not funny anymore

----OR----

listen to somebody scrape nail down a chalkboard for 20 minutes?

I am going with hitting my funny bone. The sound of nails on a chalkboard makes me cringe.

2 comments:

cosmopolgirl said...

that's cool to know about the bike! I kind of have always wondered what the different tires meant.

oh and definitely the funny bone!!

Blonde said...

hitting the funny bone for me.

i live near a bike path that is over run with bikers every weekend making driving difficult. I don't bitch because the guys all have nice tight butts for me to look at. Question is...why do all of the men wear yellow like Lance?