Google

Friday, March 10, 2006

Ramblings

I started writing this at work today and am posting it now... I tend to ramble..

So, here are two new Dentyne-isms….

#41 – Why don’t fortune cookies give actual fortunes anymore??

#156 – You can’t really call TV characters at phone numbers that begin with “555”

Ok, I do not quite get these. Here is a picture (shit, I forgot to bring the fortune home so I could scan it, you will have to wait until Monday) of a fortune cookie I got several years ago. I love it. I think it was a very good fortune. Don’t you?? The phone number thing… uh.. yeah… everybody knows that one and figured it out when you were about 8 and tried to called Marsha Brady.

So tonite is the big birthday bash for Gambino and me. I am looking forward to it cuz it is so much fun to get the whole gang out and together. We don’t get the chance to see some of these people much anymore. I don’t look forward to the hangover that I will have tomorrow morning tho’. I have to be up early to take the boys to the groomer at 9am.

I am working on a new software release and in the initial requirements gathering phase. The group I have to work with to put together these requirements has been a bit difficult to work with at times. I consider myself to be anal about things but OMG!! There is one person who is VERY nitpicky about this. They were supposed to have the sign off on the functional design doc back to me by end of day on Tuesday. Here it is already Friday, and they are still trying to get clarification on things. They just don’t get that our developers cannot begin design work on this until we get sign off. We are now almost a week behind schedule. This takes time away from development and testing of the release. This is my project and I don’t want it to be late. Grrrrrrrr

I found out today that my great-aunt died. I don’t know how old she was, but had to be in her later 80’s - early 90’s. There are now only two of the six siblings left that we have our reunions based around. Which leads me to the next thing… I take the bull by the horns with the whole hotel thing for the reunion this summer. Now people don’t like the hotel I picked. It is apparently not nice enough for them. They want something nicer and non-smoking. My thought was then go find something better. No one else did anything to find rooms for a group of us. I tried to stick to a mid-priced hotel so that everyone can afford to go. I know that not everyone can afford to spend 150 bucks a nite on a room. Baymont Inns have nice, clean rooms. I am not going to spend a whole lot of time in the room so I don’t care too much if they are so fancy or smell like smoke.

No Zobmondo today as I have a party to get to... Have a good weekend folks!

1 comment:

Blonde said...

I took my family out to the PF Changs the other night to celebrate the fact that I just bought a new house. When I opened my fortune cookie it read "Don't make changes and don't move". WHAT THE FUCK!!?!!??!!?? I will call them fortuneless cookies now.