Google

Monday, March 20, 2006

Another Day, Another Dollar

Well, back to work again today. Monday's just plain suck. I am still waiting for a group of people to sign off on their portion of my software release. It was due to me on 2/6. They are now risking it that we won't be able to have their enhancements coded in time to stay on schedule. They just aren't sure what they want. WHATEVER.. Either sign off or pull the sticking point from this release and put in the in the one for August. Don't hold the rest of my project up! They will then complain that they don't have enough time for testing. Well, you have just wasted two weeks right here. If your boss wasn't such a Bi$&h you wouldn't have this problem. Someday I will go into that saga. Talk about an ego, power trip mess.

Had a good weekend. Played poker on Sat. I sucked. I did not see a hand better than a pair of 5's. That busted me out when I ran into pocket J. At least hubby finished 7th and won a bit of money. Went to Big Momma's for a few afterward and next thing I knew it was 3 am. I think. All I know is that it was almost 11 went we got up on Sunday. Then had to hurry to get to my parents for the birthday dinner. I have to say, I got better gifts this time. A new spare tire for our camper, an inverter also for the camper and gift cards.

After spending a boat load of money at the mall Saturday afternoon, the gift cards will come in handy. If you have Boston Store near you I suggest that you take advantage of their Goodwill sale. For every article of clothing that you donate you get a coupon for 20% off of another item. I use this time to replenish my closet. I think I bought 2 pants, 1 sweater, 2 polos, 5 blouses and a spring jacket. Hubby got a couple of shirts, a jacket, sunglasses (I swear that if he loses them, I will never, ever buy him another good pair again).

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

As a male in grade school be known as a "momma's boy"

----OR----

a "brown-noser"?

I have to go with the momma's boy. They usually grow up to be nice guys. Notice I said usually.

Have a good week folks.

1 comment:

Erik said...

That's how my luck with poker goes. I'm either pulling full houses and other nice hands left and right, or I can't get a pair to save my life. Actually, that's how my luck is in general.

Too bad about the boss. It seems that in most companies, the assholes seem to rise to the top.

Zobmondo- I'd go with momma's boy as well. There's something in me that instantly despises brown nosers.