Google

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Another Busy Weekend

Welcome, all my wonderful blogger friends!

It has been a busy weekend. I have been a lazy blob for most of today.

On Friday, I get a phone call at work from a local radio station. Earlier in the week, I had gone out to their website and signed both hubby and I up to win tickets for the Queen + Paul Rodgers concert. Well, it turns out that it was hubby's lucky day. He (I) won really great seats and backstage passes to meet the band. The day before, a guy that hubby works with was selling some tickets to the concert and we passed cuz they were a bit on the pricey side. Now we get to go. It should be a fun time. Look for pictures later in the week.

On Saturday, hubby and I played in the monthly poker tourney at Big Momma's. Hubby finished 1st and netted a nice 275 bucks. I was out early. Got rivered. Overall I was happy with my play. I had one really great play that I was proud of. I was dealt pocket Js. I raised double the big blind. Another guy called. Flop come JJ8. The guy raises. I reluctantly call. Turn comes rag. Guy raises again. I pretend to think about it and call. River comes another rag. Guy raises. I only have about 250 more chip left so I go all in. He calls to go all in as well.. He flips his cards over (he has 88) and says I hope you don't have a Jack. I say no, I have two of them. I took the guy out. He was totally baffled. He had no idea what I had because I was slow-playing him. I have never had four of a kind before and it was helpful that he was in position to bet first. After I was out, I played a few side games after and I finished 2nd three times. Hubby finished first in another side game. Overall it was a profitable weekend for us.

Earlier this week, while at work, I was in the bathroom. When I finished, I went to the sink to wash may hands. Another girl comes out of her stall and is crumpling up the paper toilet seat protector thingy. WTF!?!? I just watched her crumple it up and toss it into the trash can. I always thought that you were supposed to kinda push it into the toilet and flush it. Am I wrong on that?? It kinda defeats the purpose of having something so you don't touch the seat with your body. Granted she may wash her hands but still.....

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Be trapped in an elevator packed with wet dogs

----OR----

three fat men with bad breath?

I am going with the wet dogs. My puppys always smell good even when they are wet.

Have a good week everyone!

No comments: