Google

Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!

Last nite, my friend, Natalie and I went to an author reading by Jodi Picoult. It was a great time. We got there about 2 hours before and got front row seats. She was really funny and very animated. What a great storyteller. Some of you may remember my book review of My Sister’s Keeper that she wrote a few years ago. I loved that book and she now has a new book out called The Tenth Circle. Without giving too much away, it is about a father who has to come to grips with his 14year old daughter being raped by a classmate. I have not read it yet and will let you know how it is. I will be at the library in the coming weeks checking out more of her books.

Yesterday, it snowed. On Wednesday nite, the weather guys said that we were going to get 4-7 inches of snow. We ended up with about 2. I am not complaining. I am ready for the warm weather to start any day now.

I am listening to my iPod at work now. I have hit a totally rockin’ stretch of music. Perfect “it’s Friday, get me in a good mood for the weekend” music. Here is a sample:
1. Van Halen – Jump
2. Dokken – It’s not Love
3. Kenny Loggins – Footloose
4. Chef from South Park - Chocolate Salty Balls
5. Prince – Little Red Corvette
6. Tesla – Love Song – the live version


Another reason not to eat at Denny’s. You could be killed. I already will never eat there, and this is another reason as to why not. It seems like every time we go there the service SUCKS. It doesn’t matter where we are or what time of day it is. Even different states don’t make a difference. Hubby loves eating there. I refuse to go.

Strippers in Australia can now rejoice. They now get meal breaks, overtime and yes, even maternity leave.

Another Dentyne-ism. #91 – Beware of anyone who overuses the word “paradigm”

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Eat you entire diet cold

----OR----

eat your entire diet overcooked?

If you ask hubby, he will tell you that everything I cook is overcooked. Not true. I will say cold.

Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Blonde said...

thanks for the book recommendation. I will check it out.

I will go with everything cold. I rarely get to eat a hot meal anymore.

Happy Belated St. Patty's!

J. Gambino said...

I will go with overcooked. Your hubby should be glad you cook, period. Were his arms shot off in the war? I am quite lucky, my husband is not too fussy, and normally grateful when I do the cooking. Heck last night he even finished the dishes. I did most of them, but there was an effort made, can't complain.