Google

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Working from Home

So today I am working from home. I was up and ready to go and even made it about 3 miles from home. In those 3 miles I almost had two accidents. People not be careful when slowing down and almost blowing right thru intersections. Ever since the time I took my old 4Runner for a bobsled run, I am a bit leery of driving in bad weather... even tho' I have 4 wheel drive, it does not protect me from the other idiots on the road. So anyway I said screw it, turned around and went back home.

I am very lucky that I can do most of my job from home. I have only 1 application that I cannot use from home unless I get the UNIX dude to configure the app using my IP address. Which changes every time I log in from home using VPN. Luckly, I don't use the app very often so it is no big deal. Since most of the people I deal with are either in St. Paul, MN or Portland, OR we use alot of instant messaging, it is easier than calling people up all the time. If I need to make calls, I can do so using the team calling card or our conference line so I am not racking up long distance charges.

This is hard than it seems. The hardest part is that Riley wants to lay on my lap. The boys went to the groomer yesterday and now they are walking around shivering all the time cuz they have no fur. It makes it very hard to type when you have to manuever around a dog. I tried to keep him out in the living room with hubby and closed the door to my office but Riley just sat outside the door and barked. Rufus, on the other hand, has not gotton out of bed yet. Talk about a lazy dog. The other hard part is trying not to get up and wander around the house. I was thinking I should go put a load of laundry in but need to remember that I am not being paid to do laundry but to work.

Since I am also not getting paid to write my blog, I must now get back to work. Ciao!

3 comments:

WhisKeYGyrL said...

Good idea to stay home girlfriend!!! You do have B's card, just in case, right?!? Enjoy your day and Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!!

Erik said...

Working from home is a great thing if you have the ability to actually work and not slack off. I love that I'm working from home this week. I got almost everything done Monday, so I can relax and enjoy myself as long as I keep my e-mail up and phone close.

J. Gambino said...

See, if you live in the city like I do, the drive would not have been so treacherous. As I look out the window here Downtown, the snow is already gone. Pity, my street was beautiful this morning with the snow covered trees meeting across the road, forming a lovely winter archway. (I reserve the right to change my opinion once winter wears me down!)