Google

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Book Review

I like to read. So from time to time I will post a review of the books I have recently read. I just finished two books this weekend. Pick them up at your local library.

Charm School - Nelson DeMille. It is a contemporary Cold War fiction. Set in 1988 Russia. A soviet spy school set up to train KGB agents to talk, think, look and act like Americans. The instructors are American military pilot that were shot down during the Vietnam war. It was a great book. Some of the book is based on historical facts intertwined with fiction. It is enough to make you wonder if this could/does/did happen in real life. I would recommend this book. Be prepared, it is long.... almost 800 pages. I read most of it while riding my bike. He also wrote another book called Night Fall. Excellent as well. This one is about the crash of Pan-Am Flight 800. The ending to Night Fall was one that I did not see coming but was very well planned out. Once again, it makes you wonder if any of it could be true.

A Change of Heart - Philip Gulley. Another great book. This is the latest in a series of book that revolve around the small Quaker community of Harmony. It centers on Sam Gardner, pastor of the Quaker church. It is not a religious book, so don't worry about that. It is more about small town life. There are some real characters in this series. They will make you laugh with all the crazy antics. This is an easy read.

I have two more books that I am working on. Look for those reviews coming soon.

p.s. has anyone else noticed that the spell checker with this site sucks??

No comments: