Google

Friday, November 25, 2005

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let it Freakin' Snow

Let me start out by saying that I don't hate the snow. Only when I have to drive in it.

I had to work today. I did so by choice. It is a slacker type of day, and no one is around to bug me. The drive is was beautiful. At 6:15 am, there really was not much traffic. You could tell the people who were driving to shop tho'. Left lane 58 mph. I just hate people like that.

I get to work and get a fab parking spot since there are only like 10 cars in the lot. Normally, we have about 500 people in my building. The day goes by fairly fast as I had some work to do that did not require to much thinking on my part.

About 2pm I look out the window and see that it is snowing. Great.... it looks pretty but one check of the DOT website and I see that my commute home will be crappy. I leave about 3:15pm and it was slow going but not too bad. Traffic kept moving. There was only one time that I thought I would see someone hit the ditch. An SUV goes flying by and cuts in front of a semi. Semi had to stop a bit quick. No harm done. By the airport exit there was a truck that hit the wall going north. It only took be 1 hr and 6 min to get home. Not too bad, considering.

BOOK REVIEW: I finished reading 'Shopgirl' by Steve Martin. Yeah that Steve Martin. This was recently made into a movie with Claire Danes. The book was good. Short. 126 pages. I am now interested in seeing the movie. I have added it to my NetFlix queue.

We are off to the bar to watch the Badger's play and maybe get a poker game going. Should be fun... have a good weekend :)

1 comment:

Erik said...

There's always one guy going way too fast and driving like a fool in general. Just hope his luck doesn't run out while he's around you.

Badger game is good to watch, but it makes me want to go to Hawaii. I've never been there, and it's not cold there right now. Damn this work stuff, interrupting my fun schedule and all that.