Google

Friday, November 11, 2005

Things I have learned today

Things I have learned today.....

  1. My insurance company's website sucks!
  2. I have never had a tetanus shot
  3. Toilet seats come in different shapes.
  4. There are still nice people out there.

I was off of work today. Veteran's Day. I had the day planned out. Thought I was going to get some cleaning done around the house. Had to wash the curtain with the brownie stained hand print on it (ask hubby how that happened). I have a glass candle holder that had some wax left in it that needed to be removed before a new candle would fit in it. I was using a butter knife to pry the wax out and BAM! the glass breaks. I had sliced my left hand, between my thumb and first finger. It did not bleed alot but I thought it was deep and about 1 1/2 inches long. So I call hubby and ask him if I should go to the emergency room or an Urgi-care place cuz I think I need a stitch or two in it. I took a pic of my hand and emailed it to hubby to see what he thought.

This is where I find out that my insurance company's website is terrible. We can't figure out where to go or what type of coverage we even have. For the most part we are healthy people and the only doctors I see on a regular basis is my dentist and gyno. So, after calling around to find an Urgi-care place that is open (most open after 3 pm, I don't get that one), I get in the truck and away I go. I get there and the doc says no real stitches but uses this glue stuff to glue it shut. Very cool! The bad side was I needed a tetanus shot. I have never been hurt before where I needed one so unless my dentist was slipping me one when he give me the shots of Novocain, I have never had one. Not painful if you don't look at the needle, which I didn't.

Item 3. Hubby broke the toilet seat earlier this week. I don't want to know how, but in order to get him out of my bathroom ASAP, I stop at the local home improvement store to buy one. Which I did. I had another errand to run and went home. I get home thinking I will surprise the hubby and put it on for him. It does not fit. SHIT!! Who knew that they some in different sizes?? Not me. So I haul my butt back to the store and get the right size. Yea... hubby can put this seat on himself.

Which brings me to item 4. I stop at the local Aldi's store to get avocados for the Packer party this weekend. I am making guac. The place is a zoo. First of all, it costs .25 to get a cart. WTF?!?! I just grab 8 avocados and head up to the check out line. There are like 6-7 people in each line with their carts full. Damn, so much for in and out of here. Then a very sweet old man sees me standing there, with my hand all bandaged and says, 'Why don't you go in front of me'. YEAH! I am the most appreciative and thank him profusely. You don't see that happen very often anymore. No common courtesy.

Have a good weekend all!

1 comment:

WhisKeYGyrL said...

Hey Jo...Note for next time you wanna get the leftover wax outta the candle holders. Stickem in the freezer for about an hour. Then use a spoon. Comes out real nice girlfriend. ;) Hope the hand feels better!!