Google

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Betty Crocker, I Ain't


This is a bonus post for today. Earlier I figured I would surprise hubby by making him a treat for when he gets home. I make one of the easiest things I know how. Pineapple Angel Food cake. Here is the recipe. 1 - Angel Food cake mix. 1 - 20 oz can of crushed pineapple. Mix together. Bake. Easy right....

Now I have made this cake many a times before and always had good results. Today I stop at the store and pick up the Roundy's version of Angel Food cake mix. This is where I think I went wrong. It mixed up just fine. Batter even tasted ok. When I pull it out of the oven 35 minutes later, I figure that something just ain't right. It never rose. I now have a 3/4 inch high cake. It still tastes ok, a bit chewy on the bottom .... just a bit short. Next time I stick with the Betty Crocker cake mix. sighhhhh..... I just don't have the Gambino touch when it comes to baking.

3 comments:

AletaR said...

That is too funny...kind of like the pie. Can't wait for your husbands rendition of the story.

J. Gambino said...

What a great post! I have also made some interesting things in the kitchen. I just don't take pictures of them. Very brave girl. Now I am leery of my Roundy's brand angel food cake.

StB said...

Both of you missed the point. It was a BONUS POST!!! How did we get so lucky???

I must go get a lottery ticket!