Google

Thursday, August 31, 2006

And You Thought Your Job Was Bad

At least you don't work for Radio Shack. Here is a blurb I stole from JSOnline.com

RadioShack uses e-mail to fire 400 workers

RadioShack Corp. notified about 400 workers by e-mail that they were being dismissed immediately as part of planned job cuts. Employees at the Fort Worth headquarters got messages saying: "The work force reduction notification is currently in progress. Unfortunately your position is one that has been eliminated."

If I got one of those emails, I would go ballistic. How totally rude.

Some of you may remember a place I worked for that worked really closely with hubby's former company. When the place went under, the owner had promised us that "he would take care of us". The three of us trusted him. When it came down to the final days, he was out of town on vacation. The second in command called us and asked us to mail the keys to the building and car back to him. WTF?!?! I don't think so, you can come up here and get them. It was only in northern IL. About 90 minutes away. Then he had the nerve to say he couldn't give us any severance, (he finally relented on that after the threat of litigation). In the end they also screwed one of the other guys over with his unemployment. I am still using the Post-it and legal pads some 7 years later. I think of that as my own severance package.

Today was the last day that we have a dog sitter. The girls across the street have been coming over and letting the dogs out. They go back to school next week. I am so hoping that Boomer does ok. He was in his crate all day one day last week when the girls couldn't come over and he didn't make a mess. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Not much else is going on. Looking forward to the long weekend. It sucks that summer has gone by so quickly. Let's hope the fall and winter go by just as fast so that next summer comes quickly.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Age only from the neck up

----OR---

age only from the neck down?

I have to go with aging from the neck up. Then I will still have firm boobs and a sorta hard body (or at least as mushy than it is now)

2 comments:

WhisKeYGyrL said...

I say neck up!! Make-up is cheaper then plastic surgery!! ;) Did you hear about the girl that was fired from her job via text message??? Heard that one a few weeks ago and was like WTF is that??

J. Gambino said...

I saw an old lady at the pool in AZ. Her legs needed ironing. Very scary. So I shall go with neck up. I can always put my hair in a ponytail and pull it really tight.