Google

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What a Week....

.... and it's only Wed.

Work has been busy. On Sunday we put in a software release, that for a change went mostly smooth. One issue that cropped up on Monday morning but we were able to correct it quickly. The best part is that we got blamed for not knowing this would happen. My boss was pissed about that. How should we have known that. If thorough testing would have been done by the process owner's subject matter experts (SME) they should have caught it. We don't know how they use the tool.

On Tuesday evening, our application went down. One of the processor boards took a dump. It took about 5 hours to fix. I was up late trying to coordinate vendors and keeping our customers in the loop.

Today was spent just trying to get the stuff done that I let slide due the release. I ended up doing some of it at home tonite. Which is ok. No one was around to bother me. Took me half the time it would have if I were in the office.

Tomorrow, Boomer goes to the groomer. You may remember that the last time he went, he was so scared he had a seizure. We got some sedatives from the vet so all should go smooth I hope. Since I am off (comp time for Sunday) I have a whole list of stuff to do. Let's see how much of it actually gets done.

Over the weekend, hubby and I upgraded our cells. I got the pink RAZR. It is go girly. But it matches my bike. I have spent the last few days playing with it. Rather fun toy. I had toyed with the thought of getting "Chocolate" but decided that since I already have an iPod, what do I need this for. It is very cool tho'.

This is for StB... check out Todd's post about how Maker's is offensive to women. Amazing all the stuff you can learn about on the internet. Damn, I have to remember to thank Al Gore for inventing it.

I got a new pair of bike shorts. They are wonderful. A nice soft chamois and lots of fluffy soft padding, right where you need it most. These are definitely an upgrade from the style from last year. Pearl Izumi makes awesome shorts and well worth the money you spend on them. I may have to go back and get a couple more pairs while they are on sale.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Be perceived as intelligent

----OR----

street smart? (but not both)

I have to say intelligent. I like to think that I am fairly intelligent, even if I don't always show or act like it.

No comments: