Google

Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm So Tired.....

Have you ever been just so tired of everything that you want to take a vacation from life?? I swear that is how I have felt the last week. I am tired of my job. I like my job but I get so tired of dealing with the political crap and have to be nice to people. Here are the idiots I had to deal with today. and remember this is only today, folks!
1. Help! I ordered a pager three days ago (no, it was yesterday) and it still isn't here so I will now order four (yes, four) more to make sure one of them gets delivered to me. She then gets pissed when I told her that the date/time stamp says that she ordered it at 12:22 pm on 8/17 and I have now cancelled the order for the other four pagers. If I would have let the pager orders go thru she would have been pissed cuz her cost center would have been charged for 5 pagers every month.
2. A co-worker sent out an email describing the changes we are implementing this weekend in our quarterly software release. The email had a brief overview of the changes and included a 18 page powerpoint presentation that described the changes in great detail (with pictures) and "what does it mean to me" explanation. I got three emails from people saying that they wanted to know what parts of it meant. I then replied to each person detailing the changes they asked about and where in the powerpoint they could find the information. Each on of them replied that they did not know they were supposed to read the powerpoint. WTF!! Do you think I sent it so that I could take up valuable email inbox space. NO!! fuckin idiots. gggrrrr
3. The higher up mucky-muck who today, after she got the email and powerpoint, said that she did not want one of the enhancements to go into the tool, she did not know that was what it was going to do. We needed to pull it. We told her that she has been part of the emails for the last 3 months talking about the enhancement and what it will mean to her area. My boss's boss told her NO and to go F off! (p.s. those were some great flaming emails that got sent in this one!)
4. Today at 2pm we get an email from one of the process owners who was doing some training and wanted to know why something did not write an entry to a log when it did a certain action. And can we change that. Ok, they signed off on the requirements of this 2 months ago, you had two weeks for testing before you signed off that testing was what you wanted. Now less than two days you want to change it! NO fucking way!!
5. yes can you believe another idiot..... the guys who i have been working with on and off since March to clean up some of their data now sends this stupid email out about how he has no idea what I am talking about and want to make sure that every higher up mucky muck knows about what we are doing and had better be prepared to back it out if they don't like it. This is a clean up of your crappy data. We are helping your group out by making your job more efficient. Do you not get that!! grrrr.... this is also the guy (very high maintenance) who when we had a vendor doing maintenance to our paging network ask if we could have them delay it. WTF!!! No, we can't do that. They re a national vendor and we represent a mere 1.4% of their business. get a life,dude!!

Ok that covers work. Now let's cover hubby. A and J, you may have noticed we failed to show up tonite. Well, let me tell you why. Granted hubby will have a vesion that makes me out to be the bitch but oh well.... here is my story.

A calls up to see if we want to head out for a cocktail this evening. I ask hubby, he says sure. We get home I take the boys outside, change clothes and sit down to read the mail and watch a bit of tv before we take the dogs for a walk, it is raining a bit out and want to see the radar to see if I need jacket or should wait a bit and go. It is now 5:25 and it is no longer raining. I tell hubby, 'hey, come on let's go take the boys for their walk'. (this is where I made the mistake, I guess). He gets all mad and says he can't he is starting dinner (we are having corn on the grill) and why does he have to go anyway.... Ok, I am mad... He knows I don't like walking all three dogs by myself. It is hard to do. We go back and forth about this for a few minutes and I leave, talking the dogs on their walk. I am just soooo pissed at him right now. I have a ton of stuff to get done before we head out for the evening, all the while, he is sitting on his ass playing poker online. I get back and he says he is not going. I don't say a word to him. The corn is done, I eat it outside and head for my office. I'm going to stay home and make his life miserable. Yeah, I know I am being a bitch about it, but I get so tired of having to do everything around the house. His only chore is to cut the grass. Fuck that, I am not going to to a damn thing tonite. I wish that I could sit in front of the tv everynite and play poker for 5-6 hours. Most evenings I don't even sit down to relax until 8pm. And even then, during a commercial I am up doing something. A, I would have called you but you know that there is some screwy thing with the phone and our wireless router and heaven forbid, I use the phone. I can't fix it cuz it will take me a couple of hours to play around with it and he can't be offline that long. I told him last weekend and then again three days ago that we needed to clean the fish tank. It has been a long time since it was cleaned and is getting to look very gross. I can't clean the whole thing because my arms are to short to reach to the bottom of the tank. He has to do it. I was then told to quit pestering him and to stop nagging him all the time. There are some days when I wish I was still single. sighhh

Sorry for the long a bitchy post but getting this out has been therapeutic. Thanks for listening :)

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Tell someone famous that his (or her) fly is open

----OR----

have someone famous that your fly is open?

I would want them to tell me. It means that they noticed me and were looking at my crotch.

2 comments:

AletaR said...

Wow! sounds like OMW is not sugar coating anything. I figured you just found a better offer last night. That would also be why I felt the urge to be out last night. Just plain had a bad week.

Kris said...

Defenitely tell the person who is famous their fly is open.

And I get like that sometimes..just needing a vacation from life or at the least the daily routines. Sometimes you just need to be selfish and rant. Or beat someone up..lol