Google

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Party, Party, Party

Yesterday, was our annual block party. We have it in the hollow that was supposed to be a 'pond' but never held water. Yeah, smart developers eh?? The hollow is an area that is behind about 10 houses and is a nice area for the kids to play out of traffic.

The festivities started about 1pm. It was a nice sunny day. Some of the adults set up a huge 200 foot piece of plastic tarp down the hill and made a huge slip and slide for the kids. Who knew that we had that many rugrats living in the area... It was fun to watch them slide down it. Some of the kids really had some speed going. I think all the adults wanted to try it but didn't want to get all wet (or hurt).

Our party is a bit nontraditional in that we have a local restaurant cater pizza. I think it has to do with the fact that the people who run it are from Italy and they like pizza. It is different and goes well later on in the evening. Everyone brings a dish to pass. Bless K's heart. She made cheesy potatoes. They were YUMMY!!!

It is always fun to catch up on the neighborhood gossip. Who's selling their house and they want what for it! Who did what?!? and so on. I have to laugh cuz there is one house who has never paid their dues. It is only 25 bucks a year. Not breaking the bank. Well, over the years what should have been about 125 bucks is now almost 1500. They just put their house up for sale. One of our neighbors is an attorney and we work with her to file a lien against the property. The fact that they want 349,000 for the house is interesting. Way overpriced for the area and type of house. Should be interesting to see what happens with that.

Also got the scoop on the neighbors who built pools. First J put in her pool. Two weeks later N&A put one in and never fail to let everyone know that it is bigger than J's. And if I had to hear one more time that N lost 70 lbs (good for him) and he ate soo much yesterday that he is now at 179 or how he just wants to race his Mustang down the block, I was going to scream. Oy vay!

After dark, we played poker and had a bonfire. That was nice. We finally got home about 2:30 this morning and went to sleep with the owls cooing in the backyard. I had not heard them for quite awhile. I'm glad their back.

I also got some interesting news at work that I will be able to share shortly. Not sure if anyone from work reads this or not (I don't think so, but you never know) so don't want to chance it. It is nothing bad or really good for me but will make my job harder for a bit but then really nice again. I hope it pans out!!

Have a good week everyone.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Super glue your eyes shut

----OR----

super glue them open?

I have to say open. I want to see the world.

No comments: