Google

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Worst Song... Personal Responsibility.... and more

I see that Steve has a music theme going today and I will expand on it a bit more.

Cnn.com has an interesting article this week. The article is about the worst song of all time. Here are the top five as voted on by CNN.com readers.

5. Seasons in the Sun – Terry Jacks – 1974. This song does not bother me so I have no opinion either way
4. I’ve Never Been to Me – Charlene – 1982. We don’t want to go to you either… Not even sure I know this song and will not waste the 99 cents to download it from iTunes
3. You Light Up My Life – Debby Boone – 1977. Pretty bad …. not much else to say about that
2. Muskrat Love – The Captain and Tennille – 1976. It is bad enough that we have to deal with Muskrat hair let alone listening to that get some lovin’. Sorry to all for the bad visual. Hope you weren't eating.
1. You’re Having My Baby – Paul Anka – 1974. Pretty much anything by Paul Anka is bad.



I notice that most of these are from the 70’s. Coincidence… I think
not… What do you think the worst song ever is? Muskrat
Love is up there but I have to go with Macarena by Los Del Rio. The only
time it is fun is when you are really drunk at a wedding and watch all the other drunk people try to dance to it.

Pop Quiz: What song is the following lyrics from? Hint: I remember being about 6 or 7 and being at my cousin's house, swimming. Now whenever I hear it, it reminds me a warm, sunny summer day.
My motto's always been when it's right it's right. Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night. When everything's a little clearer in the light of day. And we know the night is always gonna be here anyway.


I was watching the news tonight and see a clip about a woman who died from carbon monoxide poisoning. She had her electricity shut off on April 17th due to a $9000 bill. $9000 freaking bucks. How long was she not paying for?? Shit... My gas/electric bill is about 110 bucks a month. It would take me almost 81 months or over 6 years to rack up a bill for that much. If you haven't paid your electric is the last 6 years there are other issues. The family was mad that the utility had to turn her electricity off. WHY?? I guess the thought of personal responsibility is is just that a thought. Not something that you should actually live your life by...sighhhhhh... I just don't get it.....

Hubby has been gone on business for a day and a half now. It has been just a really relaxing time. No need to make sure he has something to eat and no picking up after him. I kinda wish he could be gone a bit longer but oh well... back to reality tomorrow when I pick him up at the airport. Have to talk to his boss to see if he can arrange for hubby to travel more often.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

On a first date, wear a t-shirt that says, "I'm With Stupid"

----OR----

a t-shirt that asks, "Who Cut the Cheese"?

Have to go with the cheese shirt. I would wear it in honor of E.

1 comment:

Erik said...

There are so many bad songs out there, why would you bother listening to them to compile a list? A bunch of masochists, I say...

On Zobmondo, either would be amusing. I'm still waiting for a good time to wear the shirt an ex-gf gave me that says, "I'm here about the blowjob." Of course, this could explain a lot, too...

My word verification was "dedcox". I think they're trying to remind me of something, the bastards.