Google

Monday, April 03, 2006

Super Powers....Coffee, Tea or me.... Dentyne-ism... Sad Sight

Last week, I had a user open a ticket up to my group because she could not set the implementation time for her record to be 2:00am on Sunday morning. I told her that technically the time from 2-3 am does not exist because of Daylight Saving Time. We go from 1:59 to 3am. She then asked if I could change the time that Daylight Saving Time starts to be noon or something. After I stopped laughing, I told her no. That this is pretty much a thing that happens nationwide and I do not have the authority to change when it happens. She was a bit miffed that I couldn’t do it. WTF is she thinking?? She was of Asian descent and spoke with a very thick accent but I thought that most of the world has some version of Daylight Saving Time. I know that most of Europe uses it because it was last week, Sunday (neat calendar factoid). I guess I did not realize that I now have super powers. Damn, just think of what I could have done with those powers.

Hubby and I went to an Inspired Aroma party. Coffee and tea. Of which we drink none. We went there and drank beer. Ain't we fun?? I did order some coffee for my boss who is a big coffee lover and into the gourmet stuff. It was hosted by our neighbors who are fun so it was an entertaining evening.

On Sat, we went to the Bucks game with M & K. After, we stopped at a J & K, so that hubby could give K all his money playing cards. She was luckier than hell. Next time we cut her off at one rainbow margarita (that supposedly has noooo tequila in it). I sat and chatted with A, who has now graduated to using a cane after her hip replacement and is getting along quite well. I think she will be ready for camping in a mere 7 weeks.

On Sunday, hubby and I were driving home from the grocery store when we seen this duck that had been hit by a car on the side of the road. It was dead. The sad thing is that its mate was all upset and running around the dead duck. Ducks mate for life and this one just lost his mate. It was a sad thing to see. poor duck.

Another Dentyne-ism #169: The muumuu has yet to realize its full potential as a fashion trend. Hmm… and where does one find a muumuu?? Not sure I seen one at my local Boston Store.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Wake up to find a roach sucking ton your tear duct for moisture

----OR----

find two rats having sex on your stomach??

I hate bugs so I am going with the rats. As long as I am not needing to wear goggles, I am good.

Have a good week!

2 comments:

Erik said...

Daylight Savings time is a uniquely American concept. Maybe she was still trying to get her head around it.

I'd go with the rats. I don't like rats or bugs, but a bug in my face is much worse. I hate anything on my head and face if I can at all avoid it.

Blonde said...

Going with the rats.

The duck story rips my heart out. I feed the Canadian Geese near my home. One of them is injured and I have animal wildlife rescue people involved now. They are treating the bird, but they said they can't take it out of its environment because of its mate. Another factoid, chipmunks mate for life too.