Google

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter, Idols and Stupid Stuff

Happy belated Easter all! We went by my parents for dinner. It was nice. My sister had to work and had recruited my oldest niece to run some kids games at the restaurant so it was just my folks, hubby and I and my two little nieces(3 and 5). For the most part it was a nice quiet day.

Idol was good tonite. They got to sing the Classics. For the most part everyone was really good. Kellie, Taylor and Ace were the weakest tonight. Ace is nice to look at but doesn't do much for me as a singer. Katherine ROCKED! I love Chris and Paris sang well enough to save her ass from elimination this week. Should be interesting to see who goes tomorrow.

I finally caught up on Survivor and am glad to find out that I am still in the pool. I have Aras and Shane. Both are idiots. Hopefully, they can win some immunity challenges so I can win some cash. I am rooting for Terry.

Last week at work, there were all sorts of articles on our internal website to go out to the public website and see out new commercials that will be soon junking up the airwaves. Well, it wasn't until 3 days later that someone realized that 1. most people in retail locations can't access the internet. It is blocked. and 2. 90% of the people remaining who can access the internet don't have sound cards in their pc's to be able to listen to the cheesy commercials. So.... what do they do. They burn a dvd for every employee in the bank so that they can watch the commercials at home. WTF?!?! If I wanted to see the commercials can't I just watch tv and see them... apparently not.... There are about 53,000 people who work for the bank. Figure it cost them 3 bucks per dvd (this includes production as well as mailing costs). That is a whole lot of money that could have been spent to give people raises and bonuses. That and the fact that today they come out with 1st quarter earnings. They boast record profits but yet don't give people raises and bonuses. Now I can't complain too much. I got both this year, but there were many people who did not get anything. That sucks for them. Look for a guest blog next week by a co-worker. He writes wonderful rants on stupid shit like this. He has been working up to it all week.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Eat a cooked beaver tail

----OR----

A cooked cow udder?

Dave/Steve, no this is not eating beaver but beaver tail. Get you minds outta the gutter. Going with the cow on this one. I know what beef tastes like. No clue on beaver....

No comments: