Google

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Speedy Weekend... Falling over (not me)... Survivor

Well, here it is another Sunday evening. The weekend flew by. Friday, played cards... not much to talk about there, so will leave it at that. Hubby and I stayed out a bit late tho' and next thing I knew it was 1:30ish and time to go. I was feeling no pain. There was a koala sighting at Big Mamma's and boy the zoo must be feeding their animals well. That was one stuffed shirt.

Saturday dawned a bright and sunny day. We had to be up early so we could wish our favorite bike dude, Jesse, a farewell. He was promoted and is now the store manager at the Fox Point Wheel & Sprocket. Heaven forbid we don't make a stop in at the store to just 'browse' and see what we may need. Got some yard work done and went to my folks to get the camper ready for our first trip in a mere 4 weeks from now! I can't wait to go.

Today we went on a club ride with P&K. We did 30 miles. It was a nice ride except for the wind. It seemed like no matter which direction we went, the wind was in our faces. A bit sore now but it is a good sore. The best (and funniest) part was shortly after we got to the park were we all met. Hubby and I had got the bikes all set up and were going over to where everyone else had gathered. We stop on the outside of the group and BAM!!! over goes hubby. Flat on the ground. K and I could not stop laughing. It was beautiful. The worst part is that he was not even clipped into his pedal with his left foot. He just forgot to put it down! Everyone (25 people) just looked at him and said, 'yeah, it will happen' and just smiled as they knew they have all fallen at one time or another. So, I would like to make sure that anyone who sees or talks to hubby over the next few weeks give him a hard time about falling over. Steve, this is why helmets are needed. Keep us from hurting our brains when we fall over.

Hubby is going to be out of town later this week for a few days for work. yippee!! I am looking forward to him being gone. I can get some stuff done around the house that I hate doing when he is around. Last time he went out of town I painted the family and living room. I tend to be a bit anal when painting and he is not as 'careful' as I am.... so we have learned the hard way that it is better if I do it by myself. Otherwise I just end up re-doing his work anyway.

Finally watched last week's Survivor episode. Bruce was sent to the jury (hopefully) after he needed to be medi-vaced out. That is another week that I don't win any cash but am still in it.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Walk the stairs to the top of the Sears tower while carrying a 40-pound backpack

----OR----

with a large pebble in each shoe?

I have to say the backpack. I think the weight would be easier. To walk that many steps you would need to have feet that aren't sore.

Have a good week all!!

2 comments:

StB said...

Jo, that proves nothing. Did he fall and crack the his helmetted skull on the ground? Apparently not because you don't mention it. When one falls, they will put their hands out to break their fall. Helmet was meaningless.

Or was it?

I think the problem is one of a couple things. You and your husband are using equipment that is far too advanced for you to be using. Or maybe both of you have a terrible sense of balance as you are both falling over all the time.

Maybe it is a combination of both. May I suggest you sell the bikes and by tricycles?

Blonde said...

40lb backpack.

hope all is well!