Google

Monday, April 10, 2006

Time for a Change... Dentyne-ism.... Falling Down (not Drunk)

I am making a few new changes to my site. Adding a few new links and retiring another for a blogger who has decided to no longer blog. Liv (aka SlamPig) if you ever decide to start blogging again let me know. I will link back up to you. I would like to welcome back DJW again. He has been good for the last few weeks and deserves to be back on my side nav. Also check out Todd. He is from Vegas and has a great outlook on life. Sarcastic at times but funny as hell.

Because it takes so long for the page to load, I am also removing the daily Sudoku. I will still go out there and complete the daily puzzle but didn't feel the need to subject you all to it.

I know that it has been several days since my last post. I just have not had the time or ambition to write anything. Today I figured I had better write something before the blog police come and get me.

Dentyne-ism - #127 – Happiness is a brand new pack of Dentyne Fire. OK, yeah… whatever…

Hubby and I occasionally ride to work together. He drives to his work, drop him off and I continue on my way. This is fine with me as I hate to drive and will do anything not to have to drive. And now with gas at 2.79 a gallon, it saves us about 50 bucks a week. Today, hubby is driving in and I notice that he is getting to be the “old man in the left lane”. He was in the left lane and the traffic was starting to pull away from in front of him. I glance back in the mirror and notice that the cars are starting to line up behind him. He had to move over eventually so, I “gently reminded” him that it was ok to move over now. I hope it was just the Monday morning fog that not quite lifted from his brain yet and not him becoming a bad driver.

After work today, hubby and I have to go to the funeral home to pay our respect for one of our friends' father. He was 90. It seems like we are going to more and more funerals. I hate that. Zeke and Vicki our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Once we get home we take the boys for a walk. It was so nice out. When we get home we decide to take the orange trainer tires off of our new bikes and put the regular street tires back on. This was an adventure. We did hubby's first. It took us about 30 minutes to get that one off and back on. Mine took us about 15 minutes. The hardest part was trying to figure out how to release the brake to get the tire past it.

So we now have the tires back on and decide to take them for a spin around the neighborhood. WOW!! does the bike ever ride nice! So effortless. The next part of the story is a bit embarrassing but it needs to be told. I hope you enjoy the laugh at my expense. Our driveway is on a rather steep hill (just ask Steve, his Mustang rolled down it and into the ditch once). It was the first time riding my bike outside with my new pedals and shoes. Now I have heard stories from people (Kim) about how there would be times when you come to a stop and forget that you can't lift your foot off of the pedals and will fall over. You have to twist your foot outward so that you can unclip from the pedals. After going around the block and having to stop several times, I think to myself, "Hey, I am getting the hang of this!" I have been clipping in and out for about 2 months now on my trainer and felt comfortable with it. I get to the end of the driveway and unclip my left foot. I realize that I do not have enough speed to make it up to the top of the driveway so I keep pedaling. When I got to the top of the driveway and went to lift my foot of the pedal, it was stuck. SHIT!! FUCK!!! DAMN!!! Luckily, I am near the edge of the driveway and over I fall. Into the grass. SHIT!! FUCK!!! DAMN!!! I did not realize that my left foot had clipped back into my pedal. As my luck would have it, the Schwan's guy is now stopping at the end of the driveway and has seen me fall over. He laughs, hubby is laughing and I am swearing. SHIT!! FUCK!!! DAMN!!! Thanks goodness it has rained alot in the past few weeks and the ground was nice and soft. I guess I need to practice stopping a bit more. SHIT!! FUCK!!! DAMN!!! I will try again tomorrow.

Our dear friend, StB will be imbibing once again on Thursday. For those of you who do not know, he gave up drinking alcohol for Lent. Don’t ask why. He just did. So at 7:23 pm CST (yes, he figured out the exact time Lent was over) on Thursday, Steve will once again be able to drink. I think we may just head out for a drink to welcome him back to the real world. So where ever you may be at that time, pour a drink and raise your glass in a toast to him.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Be the boy in the plastic bubble

----OR----

the elephant man??

This is hard. I will choose being the elephant man. At least I can come and go as I please.

Have a good week folks!

2 comments:

J. Gambino said...

I choose to be the bubble boy. He got out by the end of the movie.

cosmopolgirl said...

I'm so sorry about your fall but at least you got a good story out of it. Don't you ever wonder, why you just can't fall and make an ass of yourself in private. No, people always have to be watching.
I think I'd rather be the bubble boy. The elephant man was just a bit too freaky!