Google

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Baba Wawa

On Thursday, one of my girlfriends and I went to see Barbara Walters at Alverno College. It was very interesting.

Barbara is out on tour promoting her new book, Audition. I have not started to read it yet, but it looks interesting. I think that some of the historical parts will be really good. You never know how that will help us in trivia nites.




We were told up front that we were not allowed to take pictures but I did manage to get a few of them before the guy yelled at us. The lighting in the auditorium was a goofy so the pictures I did get are a bit fuzzy and off. The evening was set up to be in an interview style and Kathy Mykleby from WISN was hosting it. I liked the format.

Some interesting facts are that she does not drive and never has. She considered one of her major coups to be when she had to get on a plane with Walter Cronkite and John Chancellor to get an interview with Anwar Sadat and Menachem Begin. Her older sister was mentally retarded and Barbara was in Milwaukee giving a speech when she learned that she died.

If you would liketo see some of the interview, click here.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Interesting woman that Barbara Walters, and I LOVE the new look of your blog. Very nice! Blue is my favorite color.