Google

Monday, May 12, 2008

Big Wood

This past weekend were spent ripping up the carpeting in the living room and hallway. There was nothing really wrong with it, just not want I wanted and Boomer liked to wiz on it.

It took my dad and I only three hours to get it all ripped out and the floor cleaned up. We both were pleasantly surprised at how good the floors underneath looked. Much better shape than the floor in my bedroom.

This is before we started.



We started in the hallway. Just to see what it looked like.



After we were all done. The dogs were not to sure about the slippery floors again. Poor Rufus can't get his footing to jump up on the couch. I have to bring the area rugs up from the basement.



Another angle. Looking down the hall toward the bedrooms.



The floors are a bit yellow/orangey but that is the old finish on them wood that has aged over the last 50 years. I am in no hurry to have them refinished as they look in good shape.

I only have the spare bedroom and my office left to do yet. My office will be a bitch as moving my desk is not easy feat. It weighs a ton.

My next project will be to replace the baseboards and quarter round. It just looks junky and all knicked up and such.

1 comment:

Kris said...

The floors look great even with the slightly orange finish. Nice thing is that you will have time to make all the improvements you want. But it looks great so far!