Google

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Phone Home... Maybe....

I swear the the phone company is a joke. When I moved I thought that I had requested the same service for my new house that I had at my old house. The bill was always about 28 bucks or so. We didn't have anything except for call waiting. I never seen the need to have Caller ID or anything else... I never used it.

I got May's phone bill today and once again, Hubby's name is STILL on it. I have called every month and get the same thing from them.. Ok, we have taken care of it. You are the only one on the bill. Until I get the bill the next month. He is still listed.

Then there is the cost thing. My bill is still over $43 a month. I have called each month to get the long distance removed from my service. I use my cell if I need to make a long distance call. The first two months the bill $60.17 and $73.47.

I don't get it. What is so hard about this?? All I want is basic service. The cheapest you got.

I would so move to just cell phone if I A.) had better reception here. I live in a little valley and no one gets decent service. If I go 1 block either way. I am at full service. B.) There are times for work that I end up on long conference calls and don't want to burn thru all the minutes in one day. Example: For the server upgrade, I was on a call from about 7:30 pm-12:00 am and then again from about 2:30 am - 8:30 am.

Maybe I should consider moving to VoIP. Road Runner already provides my cable service, maybe just get them to do my phone. Does anyone else have VoIP? If so, do you like it? What is good? What is bad?

My boss's boss will be in town for the next two days. This should be interesting. Boss dropped the ball on another project last week that left us once again scrambling to get things in place the day before they go live. I think he will leave with a whole lot of things to think about concerning my boss.

Camping this past weekend was fun. The weather on Sat nite was sucky. It couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or not. Either way it was cold and windy and kinda miserable that nite. During the day we had a good time playing bocce ball.

I did find beer heaven tho' A new Woodman's store opened in Oak Creek a few months ago. They advertise the 'wall of beer'. They carry every beer made in Wisconsin. Let me tell you, that is alot of beer. I ended up buying some Point Nude Beach, Tyranena Three Beaches Honey Blonde and Leinie's Summer Shandy (one of my favorites). I encourage you to check it out.

The Idol finals are almost on. Have to go watch.

Peace Out.

No comments: