Google

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Easy Come, Easy Go

Another weekend has flown by again.

I am now 'working' on our server upgrade. The dba and sys admins are now doing their part and I just sit and wait for now. My job starts when they get done. Regression testing is boring but a very important thing.

Friday was low key. Went to go see Street Kings. Not too bad. I like Keanu Reeves so that is always a plus.

Saturday was spent playing poker. I did pretty good. Finished 3rd in the first game and 2nd in the second game. These point really helped boost me back into the mix. We played a cash game after that and I finished third. Just outta the money but it was fun.



After that we played 'stove poker'. What is stove poker?? you ask. It is basically 5 card draw for a buck a hand. Since the poker table still had games going on the only other flat surface was in the kitchen on the stove. Since I went deep into the other games I only got to play a few hands of stove poker. I didn't win a hand until the final one that we did for 3 bucks a person. That was cool as it netted me 15 bucks. Notice my winning hand is the straight. I caught the 6-9 in my draw.



Today, I did yard work. After a call to dad and two trips to the hardware store got the lawn mower started and the grass cut. it didn't take me much more than 30-40 minutes. The lawn really looks nice. Now I just have to wait until all the dandelions are dead. I have to call the lawn service to have them come back out next week to spray again. I was going to get some pictures but forgot until it was too late.

Since my dad was already here and hubby was coming over to see the dogs, I figured I would throw some brats on the grill. They were yummy. Nothing like the first time you grill out of the season.

I was across the street talking to a neighbor and got the scoop on the guy who is doing her patio. I'm going to see what he will charge me to put it in. I want to get a place to put the furniture, grill and fire pit and not have to worry about the grass. Plus it is less to mow.

Well, it is almost time for me to start 'working'. I am working on creating a new template for my blog and what better way to do it than using work software.

Have a good week everyone.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Accidentally run over and kill your best friend's cat with your car

----OR----

be forced to eat a small poodle you've never met?

I have to go with the cat. No way could I eat a dog on purpose.

No comments: