Google

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Busy as a Bee

Another busy weekend. Thank goodness I have Monday to rest up.

Saturday, Hubby and I took my niece to the museum to see the Body Worlds exhibit. It was really cool. What was odd that I did not expect is that most of the bodies still had eyelashes and eyebrows. Some even had pubic hair. Really bizarre. The pregnant woman with an 8 month old fetus still in the womb was very cool. She had an incurable disease and knew that her and the baby would not survive. I wish that it would have been less crowded and you could have taken pictures. Looking at the lungs of a smoker is enough to make you stop. Also, seeing what cancer looks like is weird. If you have the chance to go see, I would. It was worth the money spent.

After that we made a top at the planetarium. We seen CSI:Cosmic. That was cool. I really enjoyed the first part where we got to see the skies over Milwaukee and she pointed out the stars that were visible and when.

Next stop was Discovery World at Pier Wisconsin. It was just ok. Not worth the price if you paid full price. The aquarium was neat. We got to pet stingrays.

Had dinner at Elsa's. I love their Pork variation #1 sandwich. Yummy!!!

Today was spent doing yard work. I got the grass cut and my dad came over and helped me power wash the house. We decided to take off one of the storm windows and see what they looked like underneath. Surprisingly, not bad. My project for tomorrow maybe to take the rest of the storm windows off the house.

We grilled out a couple of steaks on the grill. They were yummy as well.

I watched "Letters from Iwo Jima" this evening. It was good. The subtitle thing made me actually watch the movie instead of reading and watching or something else. You had to pay attention. I would recommend it along with "Flag of our Fathers". Same basic story but told from different sides of the war.

I had to work earlier for about an hour but it went smooth. Thank goodness.

Well, it is almost time for bed. My butt is dragging.

Have a good Memorial day all!!

No comments: