Google

Thursday, May 08, 2008

An Interesting Proposition

Last summer I stuck my resume out on Milwaukeejobs.com. I had a few consulting firms call and a couple of interviews. Nothing really panned out.

I have not touched my resume since I stuck it out there. In the past two weeks I have had three firms contact me expressing interest in me. At first, I was like, nah, not interested. But then I began to think about it. Why not. The interview experience will be good and who knows. I may find something that I like.

So tonight, I emailed them back saying that they could contact me and to get more information.

I like my job. I like what I do. I am very good at my job. I consistently get emails from customers giving me praise. I always forward them to my boss and her boss. I also print them out and include them in my review each year.

I hate my boss and the road blocks that she throws up. Example: Co-worker, F. Nice guy but the job is just not right for him. He is now designing some web pages. We had to write the content and he did no more than copy and paste it out there. No formatting, no proof writing. This took 3 freaking days. Not sure what else he was doing but OMG!! the pages still look like crap and we are supposed to publish them next week. He wanted L and I to write the FAQ's. He has been doing this job for over a year now and can't figure out what types of questions we get often and to put them out there. This may be a case where I just pull the docs away from him and do them myself. It would probably take no more than half a day to create the web pages and get them looking good.

Part of me says to just let him fall on his face cuz we can't keep enabling this type of behavior. Maybe my boss will get the picture and move him into another job. It just is not right for him. Part of me says, I will get this dumped on me anyway, get it and do it now instead of later when the deadlines are tight.

Not too much on the agenda for the weekend. I may rip up the carpet in the living room. I know I have red oak hardwood floors under the carpet. What I don't know is what they will look like. The fun will be in finding out.

I also have to make a trip to my old library. I can't get a new card in my new city until I pay off the $.70 fine I have at the old library. It will cost me more in gas than the fine. Oh well. I have a list of books that I want to read and paying off the fine is the only way I will get to read them.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Eat three earthworms

----OR----

wear a necklace made of them on your wedding day?

I have to go with the necklace. I ain't eating worms if they ain't in some tequila.

Peace Out!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

I would eat the worms. What books are you planning on reading?