Google

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring is in the Air

Happy Earth Day. What have you done to make the world a better place to live?

When I got home today it was beautiful out. Being this close to the lake it can be a whole lot chillier than going inland a few miles. I walked the dogs around the park, this time avoiding the area with all the stick-tights. It took me 20 minutes yesterday to clip them out of Boomer and Riley.

When I got back, I decided I should get my ass in gear and ride my bike outside. I have been sorta riding inside but as we all know that is BORING!! I pumped up the tires, lubed everything up and wore my new shorts from Voler. I love them!! They have a really soft chamois in them and are a dream. The chamois is also anatomically correct for girls :) Thanks, Kim for the recommendation.

So off I rode. Not really knowing the best place to ride where I can avoid traffic, I went around Greene Park and back up KK to Howard. I then went to the lake and rode the bike path up to the yacht club and went back home. It was cold and foggy right along the lake. it was also hard cuz there were so many people walking, with dogs or strollers. You could never get a good rhythm going. I rode for about 50 minutes or so and estimate that I went about 10 miles. It felt good to get the legs moving and heart pumping again. The city really needs to get the street sweepers put as there is alot of debris on the roads. Towards the end of winter, the city used sand/salt mixture and that sand is still hanging around. Intersections were a bit dicey. I may end up driving out to near our old house and riding in the country again. That was nice as there was little traffic and decent roads.

Today at work, I may have wrote my death sentence. I have been working on a server upgrade project for our application for several months now. It is now ready for us to install it and my boss wants to do the upgrade on a Friday or Saturday night. Our maintenance window is Sunday evenings. Our major users of the application want us to do it on Sunday. Our vendor wants is Sunday. I want it on Sunday. My boss does not. So I did what I felt was right and went above her head to her boss. I told him the deal and he agreed with me. Sunday it is. Whoo Hoo!! That pissed my boss off to no end. I really do not care as I know I am doing what is right for our users. I am to the point that I have absolutely no respect for her and pretty much do what I want.

So tomorrow I get to chair a meeting with the vendor, my boss and her boss as we go over the details of the upgrade. Funny thing is, is that we have weekly meeting with the vendor. My boss has not been to one of these meeting in over a month. If she would have been there, she could have had these questions answered weeks ago. Now it is a big freaking deal. I'll keep you updated.

I want to give a big shout out to Kris. She is running a half marathon in less than a month for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training program. She is almost to her fundraising goal. She needs $55 more. I encourage you to go to her page and donate. I know that she will appreciate the support.

All the fresh air and exercise has really made me tired tonight. I'm heading off to bed.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Eat one long strand of spaghetti that you've sucked through your nose

----OR----

have a teaspoon of sugar poured into your ear?

I would have to go with the sugar. The spaghetti thing freaks me out.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sugar in the ear.

Thanks for the shout out! And I am so glad I had a chance to talk with you on the phone!