Google

Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake, Rattle and Roll

This morning there was an earthquake in Southern Illinois. How do I know this?? No, not because I watched the news or read it online. It was Ollie, my African Grey parrot.

It was 4:42 am (on my clock) when Ollie when crazy. At first I thought that he fell off his perch. This sometimes happens when he sleeps. But after about 30 seconds he was not settling down. It was then I had to get up, turn the light on and talk to him to calm him down. He was squawking up a storm which in turn set off Boomer. Rufus and Riley pretty much ignored them and continued to sleep.

I remember the last time there was a small earthquake. Even tho' it was hundreds of miles away, Ollie could feel/sense it. He made a big fuss then as well. It is amazing how sensitive he is.

As I am driving home this afternoon, I drive my the corner where there are 3 gas stations. After, I picked my jaw up, I realized that gas is now $3.69/gallon. WTF?!?! It was $3.49 when I drove in this morning. This is beginning to get crazy. I am going to revisit with my non-existent boss about working from home at least 1 day a week.

Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Kris said...

I hate gas prices! And all I heard this morning was wild turkey sex at 5am from a group of turkeys in the woods by our house.

OMW said...

Wild Turkey Sex--i love that band!!!