Google

Monday, April 21, 2008

Someone's in Trouble... and it's not me

I finally met the woman who owns the house next door to me. She moved into a retirement community a few miles away. Her house has been vacant for almost a year now.

She stopped over yesterday with her daughter. They were wondering what happened to the side of her house. I had to tell them that they guy who did the plowing on the driveway, hired by the realtor of the seller of my home, hit is with his truck.

It happened on the day that I moved in. We stopped over for the final walk thru before I went to the closing. I told the selling realtor that he had to get the foot of snow out of the driveway. I had movers that would be there in three hours and that they would not unload my stuff if the driveway was not cleaned off.

So the selling realtor knew some guy to who could plow. He came in with a HUGE 10 or 12 foot plow. It was way to big for the driveway. He got stuck and when some other guy was trying to tow him out they hit the house next door. Left a gash in the siding. There is also a spot where the gutter is crumpled and the foundation looks like someone put their fist thru it. I do not know when that happened but it has been there since I moved in.

The daughter was not happy to hear this. I would have thought that the selling realtor would have called them to tell them. He did not. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Today, they are all out there. The plow guy, selling realtor, owner, her daughter and 4 other people who look like they may the owner's other kids. Not sure what is going to happen but, it should be interesting.

I'll keep you updated.

No comments: