Google

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sick with Spring Fever

It is Wednesday.

As of right now it is 59 degrees out.

It is sunny.

It is spring.

I am at home.

I called in sick with 'spring fever'. Ok, so maybe I planned it a bit (ok, ok, maybe planned it alot) when I seen earlier in the week that the weather today was supposed to be really nice. I figured what the hell. I normally do not use many sick days so, what a better day to use it than today. I was up early and started cleaning out the flower (dirt/weed) beds in the back of my yard. It runs the length of my yard and is about 2 feet deep. I pulled all the dead leaves and grass and crap out. I filled up two garbage bags of stuff.

I had a meeting at 9 and another one at 10 that I have to be at. My 10 am meeting should be a good one. I am calling out one of my co-workers on something that L and I have been beating into his head for over a year now. He is just sloppy when it comes to doing his job. Yesterday, I found another error that he made. Because the customer was having an issue I had to fix it right away. I then got to thinking how many other people have their info messed up. So I pulled out the config file from the server and started looking thru it. I stopped counting after 105 people. WTF?!?! I was pissed. When I showed this to L, he was livid.

When we bring this up to our poor excuse for a boss we get the old 'he's new' or 'it is a language barrier issue' routine. Ok, he has been here for 13 months now. The honeymoon is over. It has nothing to do with language, it is pure sloppiness. He is supposed to check for this as L and I have reminded him no less than a dozen times. So he will have to spend at least a full day going thru and fixing all the entries that are screwed up. I know that we can edit the config file and do a mass update but, fuck that. He can feel the pain of his actions. He screwed it up he can fix it.

Like I said it should be interesting...

Ok, back on topic again... After I finish up the meetings, I want to go out and rake the leaves and twigs and such up from the yard. I am pretty anal about stuff like that and want it to look good. Plus it will be a pain when it comes time to having to cut the grass.

I need to figure out what to plant in the back yard in the beds. Maybe some small bushes or something. I would like to put something that offers a bit of privacy from the neighbors as well.

The grass along the garage does not get a whole lot of sun so I may try to put something along there as well. Any ideas???

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Swallow a small fish tied to a string and pull it back up after three minutes

----OR----

gently swallow a live cockroach whole so that it lives until it reaches your stomach (no beverages or chewing allowed)?

Hands down, no question... I am going with the fish. I do not want something live crawling around in my tummy. Way to freaking gross.

Talk to ya'll later....

No comments: