Google

Saturday, April 12, 2008

2008 MACC Fund Trek 100

It is once again that time of year. The MACC Fund's annual Trek 100 Ride for Hope. The ride is in support for childhood cancer on June 7, 2008.

I will be asking all of you to support me in my fundraising effort once again this year. I am dedicating my ride to two people. Even thought they are not chronologically children, they still have that child-like spirit.

1. Gambino, who is now breast cancer free. Rock on, girlfriend!!

2. My cousin, Scott, who lost his battle with cancer at the age of 42, this past September.

I will be riding the 42 mile route this year. Which means that I really have to get my ass in gear and start riding more. I have been riding a bit this past couple of weeks but maybe only doing like 5-6 miles or so. Riding indoors is boring. I can't wait to get outside and ride. Now that I live near the lake I can take some of the nice paths.

My fundraising goal is $500. You can click here to go to my web page and make a donation on the secure website. Your donations are 100% tax deductable (who can't use more tax deductions) Check with your employer to see if they will match your donation. Many will do so.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hey girl as soon as I know more about job situation and finances, you are defenitely on my list for a donation.

I think what you are doing is wonderful, and selfless. I am so proud of you!