Google

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Another Day... Another Dollar....

The holiday weekend was once again way too short. Saturday was spent doing lots of yardwork. We have a woodsy, brushy area on the back of our lot that butts up against the electric company easement. It is just a mess of crappy trees (with big old thorns!) and lots of underbrush. There are a couple of nice trees that are trying to grow back there if it weren't for all the other crap. So we have been trying to clear out some of the crap. We made a dent in it on Saturday but still have a long way to go. There are a couple of big dead trees that will need to come down eventually. It will make for some nice firewood. (hint, we need strong guys with big chainsaws). I think we even have a grapevine growing back there....

Hubby and I have been gearing up for our big ride next Saturday. The Trek 100 Ride for Hope in support of the MACC Fund (Midwest Athletes for Childhood Cancer). We are riding 37 miles. We are still looking for donations, click here to donate. Thanks to all of you who have already donated! It is much appreciated by us and I know that the MACC fund will also appreciate it as well. So for the last week we have been riding longer rides. I was out yesterday morning and did 28 miles before it got too hot out. I feel pretty comfortable that we will be able to complete the 37 miles without any problems. It is looking like it will be a nice day out, not too hot. I hope that I feel well enough to hit the Admirals game later that nite as they play for the Calder Cup championship. Anyone interested in going??

I read in the paper today that this past weekend saw 28 shootings and 4 deaths in the city of Milwaukee. I just don't get it. Why do people think that killing someone is the way to resolve a dispute. Some idiot shot 5 people in a park yesterday afternoon. Police think it was some sort of a domestic dispute. This is a fairly nice park that we occasionally ride our bikes thru. I think that as it gets warmer outside, tempers will flare and there will be more violence. I just wish that people would understand that there are better ways to do things.....

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Always almost have to sneeze

----OR----

hit your funny bone every 15 minutes?

I am going with the sneezing. Hitting my funny bone creeps me out. I hate that feeling! Have a good week everyone.

2 comments:

Erik said...

The thing is that violence does solve the immediate problem. History is full of people who used killing to get what they want quite effectively. There is always consequences for using violence as a solution however. The idiots who go shooting people never think that far ahead, tho.

I'd go with the funny bone. I've always though the pins and needles tingling is interesting.

cosmopolgirl said...

Hey...how did the ride go?? Sorry I didn't get back here to wish you luck prior!

oh....and sneeze...I hate the feeling of hitting my funning bone