Google

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Trek 100 Ride for Hope


On June 3rd, hubby and I are riding in the Trek 100 Ride for Hope. It benefits the MACC fund. Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer. A very worthy local charity. We are riding the 37 mile route and looking for sponsors.

You can click here to go directly to the online donation page or if you prefer, you can go to the page and print out a form to mail in your donation.

I also encourage you to check with your employer. In many cases, your employer will match your donation. It is a plus for all involved. I get the extra sponsorship dollars, your company gets a good name by donating and most importantly, the MACC fund gets more money. Plus you can get your name on the scrolling list on the side of my page.

My next door neighbors have a now 16 year old son who had a bone marrow transplant 2 summers ago due to a rare form of blood cancer. It has been a long hard struggle for them and he is continuing to fight off various ailments related to the transplant. He is currently not in school due to a potential case of the mumps at his school. His body is still not strong enough to fight off this type of illness.

Thanks for your support!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Good for you and your husband to support such a wonderful cause, and thanks for the post on my site!

I will be participating in a 5 mile run this summer which helps raise money for educational programs in my area. Its an incentive to get my butt back in shape.