Google

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I'm a Winner.... Dentyne-isms...Camping

I figured I had better post before the blog police come and get me. The rain has finally ended and the sun has returned. It is nice to see the sun again. Now I wish that I had time to get out and ride. Yard work takes precedence.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner…..The season finale of Survivor was Sunday evening. Aras was the winner. This is good for me as I had him in the pool. The win netted me about 100 bucks. This the first time I have won any money in a Survivor pool. It is about time. Danielle was screwed no matter who she picked. I really wanted Terry to win as he was an awesome competitor but Aras was always right there and deserved to win.

Dentyne-ism #132 – Making faces in the mirror is one of life’s great secret pleasures. I have to admit it is kinda fun.

We are going camping this weekend. I can’t wait. The weather is supposed to be decent. Nothing better than drinking beer for an entire weekend. I may have to stop and pick up a six pack of the new Leinie’s, Summer Wheat. StB compared it to Blue Moon, which I love. Hmmm… I may have to stop and pick some of that up as well. The boys like to go camping as well. This year I picked up a camp chair just for them. Coleman makes a chair called the Bone Lounger. It is perfect for both of them to sit on. Then they are up off the ground a bit. They just got their summer haircuts and look like drowned rats. Rufus especially. He is so small to begin with, now he looks like a Chihuahua instead of a Shih Tzu.

Over the last few months, I have talked about how I am working on software release for work. Finally after two months of working on it, we will be implementing it on Sunday evening. The latest headache with this is that the process owners who requested the enhancements are now pissing and moaning about how they don't want to do testing after implementation on Sunday nite. It is too late... too freakin' bad... they have from 10-11 pm for testing. It will take me until after 1am to finish up. The good thing for me it that I am set up to work from home. They will have to drive into work to do testing. These people have been nothing but a pain in the ass since day 1. I am so glad that for the release in August I don't have to work with them.

Zobmondo!!

Would you rather....

Have your spouse be disappointed in you

----OR----

have your child be disappointed in you?

Since I don't have any real children, only dogs (who are like my kids) I will go with the child being disappointed in me.

Talk to you all soon!

5 comments:

Blonde said...

if i had spawn I would say them be disappoiited. I would be disappointed if I had kids, so it would be a wash.

Have fun camping!

J. Gambino said...

I think I would rather have my kids disappointed. They usually are when i do not feed them right away.

WhisKeYGyrL said...

Have fun camping!! see ya'll in june =) I will be painting the boys room this weekend! Wish me luck! I would have to agree with my auntie a on this one and go with the spouse... He always is disappointed anyway!

Erik said...

Something doesn't sound right about a Bone Lounger...

I'd rather have the kids disappointed in me. Kids can have some pretty odd expectations of parents, and I doubt there is a kid alive that doesn't get disappointed by their parents at least once.

Hey Jo said...

I know, Bone Lounger does sound a bit odd. Wonder who thought up that name and did he get a good raise for thinking that one up??