Google

Monday, May 22, 2006

Camping... Fun... Work... Sucks

Ahh.... to be home again. Camping was fun. My butt is dragging. The weekend as always was way too short. Everyone had a great time camping even if it did rain. Richard took over StB's spot and answered trivia questions with the famous answer of "my balls" and E brought the nuts. The tops of my feet got really sunburned. It hurts to wear socks and they are so swollen, my right foot looks like I have a cankle. The boys even had fun.. they were pretty good and are tuckered out tonite. Here are a pictures of them 'recuperating' from the weekend.


















I took about a 2 hour nap yesterday afternoon so I could be well rested to put the software release I have been working on for the last few months into production. It was going fairly well until about 11pm.... then... BAM... our paging vendor had a telco issue so no pages were being sent from the toll free modems. CRAP!!! I was unable to test 3 of the paging related enhancements last nite and had to finish them up first thing this morning. As it was I ended up getting to bed about 2am or so. My alarm went off about 5:15 and it was way to early... The other thing that was a major headache was the process owner who had balked at wanting to test because it was soo late and didn't feel testing was necessary had to be walked through almost all of their testing because they did not know how the tool works.. I told my boss that the next release they had better have testers that knew what they were doing. I don't have time to do my job and theirs.

Hubby and I went to see United 93 a few weeks ago. We don't go to movies very often. I have a habit of falling asleep if it doesn't hold my attention. I slept thru most of Titanic (yes, I hated the movie). The movie was very good. Intense. Even though you knew what the outcome of the movie was going to be, you still had that ray of hope in the back of your mind that maybe, just maybe, it would be different. I really liked how the actors were all unknowns and they never called anyone out by a specific name. If you seen the movie, what did you think??

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Have a little man that lives inside your mouth and incessantly hammers on your teeth with a pick

----OR----

coexist with a small bird that lives on your nose and yanks out your nose hairs at its discretion?

I have to go with the bird. My parents spent way too much money on orthodontia for me to have them ruined by a stupid little man....

Have a good week everyone!

3 comments:

WhisKeYGyrL said...

Camping!!! awwwwwww I wish we would have went...but I was busy painting and forcing STB into shots of Jack on Friday!!!!

Kris said...

I think I go with the small bird

And I love camping...but I was in Charlotte..LOL!

cosmopolgirl said...

Glad you had fun camping! Oh and for the zobmondo...defnitely the bird, tooth pain is the absolute worst!! Get some rest!!!