Google

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Weekend Recap

Well, last weekend we finally ordered our new flooring. After much debate between a couple of different types, we ended up going with the Brazilian Teak.














The other contender was the Brazilian Koa (Tigerwood)











Both are very pretty but the teak won out in the long run. It will be here in 4-12 weeks. It literally is not shipped from Brazil until we order it. I had wanted the Santos Mahogany but that was at least a 6-9 month wait. I can't wait that long. I want to get rid of this crappy carpet as soon as possible.

We are lucky as my dad is going to install it for us. Before he retired he was a carpenter. He is very picky and will do a good job. That will save us about 8000 bucks by having him do it versus a contractor. He is now on the prowl for a nail gun. He spends his days going from Menard's to Home Depot to Lowe's and then to the local Ace store and who knows where else to find the perfect nail gun. All I told him was to pick it out and let me know how much it is. My mom is happy cuz it gives him something to do and keeps him out of here hair.

UPDATE: I started writing the previous post on Friday morning. I was working from home and sitting in a meeting and trying not to pay to much attention so that I didn't walk away from the meeting with any to-do's out of it. Shortly after my meeting I get a phone call from the lumber place. Our floors are in and we can come pick them up anytime. It looks like someone who had ordered it cancelled. YIPPEE!!!

On Friday night hubby and I played cards at a co-worker of hubby's. It was a good time and profitable. We ended up about 150 bucks ahead. I only took a third and hubby won the rest but I was happy. By time we got home on Friday note it was about 4am Saturday morning. We had to pick the wood up around 9 am.

Needless to say, we got a late start and finally got to the lumber store about 11 am. Then we had to haul the stuff in. 23 boxes. Each box weighed about 80lbs. My triceps are still sore. Dad came over later in the day to help tear off the baseboards. We then made the trip to Home Depot to pick up paint and other supplies that my dad would need for installation.

Today was spent doing yard work. I scoped out the bunnies in the back yard and found them to be alive and well. It looks like Boomer is not the bunny killer after all. I seen the mom bunny moving them out of the nest later this afternoon tho'. I think that the lawn mower scared her.

We were able to get in a bike ride as well. It has been so nice out the past week. I love being able to get out on my bike and ride. We rode about 45 miles this weekend and my legs are feeling every mile of it. I have to get back into some sort of shape. That and getting my ass back to Weight Watchers. Time to shed my winter weight againZOBMONDO!!


Would you rather....

Have no short-term memory

----OR----

no long term memory?

This is a tough one. I would have to say that I would rather lose my short term memory. No real reason I guess.... Today's quote "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks his car or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex no matter how bad it is" Barbara Bush. How true is that!!

1 comment:

OMW said...

I would rather......wait, I forgot the guestion.