Google

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Boomer the Bunny Killer

Sounds like the name of a bad movie, eh?

Last week, Tuesday, I got home from work about 4:20pm. Like I normally do, I take the dogs out to do their business. Rufus and Riley get to run free as they wear their Invisible Fence collars and know that they can't leave the yard. Boomer goes out on a leash. He likes to chase everything and can't be trusted to not run after a car or some kid walking down the street.

Like usual, we walk around the house to the back yard and the boys like to pee over by the air conditioner. I am normally just looking around the yard and don't pay much attention to what they are doing. Until today.

Up against the house right under the dryer vent was a pile of dead grass. Unbeknownst to me there was a litter of baby bunnies in that pile of grass. Boomer knew tho' as he dug his nose in there and pulled out 2 of the babies. I didn't realize what had happened until I heard the babies squeal. Boomer had dropped them once they wiggled a bit. I think it scared him a bit. I picked them back up and put them back in the next and covered them up. They couldn't have been more than a day or two old as they had no fur and their eyes were still shut.

All evening Boomer was almost manic about wanting to go outside. Because we have had a hard time housebreaking him, we have to take him out, just in case he really needs to do something. All he wanted to do was go see the bunnies.

On Wednesday, we got all the snow. I had to find stuff to wash so that I could use the dryer to melt the snow that was piling up on the nest. I don't think that the mom had been back.

Over the past weekend, I used a stick to move some of the grass to see if the bunnies were still alive. I think that most of them were. One was dead, he was separated from the rest of the nest. I could see them moving and squeaking so the mom must be coming back to feed them. There is no way that they would have lived this long if they were getting some nourishment from the mom.

I will try to see how they are doing over the weekend. They should be getting big enough to start moving out of the nest. That usually happens around 10-14 days or so. They could be really cute. If they are still alive, I will try to grab a few pictures of them to post later.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Have to watch, with your friends, a video of every argument you've ever had with your siblings

----OR----

every argument you've ever had with your parents?

I would say my parents. I really never fought with them while growing up. I was the good kid. I knew how to not get caught when doing bad stuff. My sister, on the other hand, got caught every time and then my parents would say "why can't you be more like your sister". Which is probably why she is the way she is today....

p.s. Don't forget to sponsor me in the Trek 100 ride. I am a long way from my goal.

No comments: