Google

Friday, April 06, 2007

Friday Night Lights

For those of you who may not know, hubby used to coach high school football about 20 years ago. He was only like an assistant assistant coach but he loved it. He was coaching with the guy who used to be his coach when he was in high school.

About a month ago, he got a call from his old coach asking if was interested in coaching again. Hubby said sure. It is for the freshman team for a local suburban high school. He went for the interview on Wed and got the job. It sounds like it is a mostly volunteer position but hubby doesn't care. He gets to coach again. It looks like my fall will be spent watching alot of high school football games....

There will be many times during the football season that we will be watching a game (yes, Saturday's in our house consist of sitting in front of the tv from 11 am until at least 11pm, if he is lucky there is a good west coast game on even later than that.) and hubby is talking back at the tv. Either arguing with the play calling (Barry Alvarez had poor clock mgmt skills) or ranting about how stupid the announcers were (I can't even argue that one since most of them are bad).

On to other news, I got my Bon Jovi ticket for Summerfest. Whooo Hooo. I am going with a girl from work and her friend. We have good seats off to the side. This should be a fun concert. Was also supposed to go to the Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades concert tonight. They were part of Styx. The show was postponed... not sure why but oh well... My friend's brother had the tickets and he couldn't go so she asked if I wanted to go with her. It would have been a fun concert as the seats were good. Will have to see when the new date it.

Playing poker tomorrow. Have to be careful not get so drunk this time. I was polluted like the Milwaukee River after they closed the deep tunnel during a rain storm..

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

Have a small butt on your forehead

----OR----

two little feet dangling beneath your chin?

I am going with the feet. Butts could be ugly and have dingleberries... feet may not be as bad...

Have a good weekend all.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Congrats on your hubby's coaching position. As a coach, I am going to miss not doing it when I start grad school this summer. And yeah on the Bon Jovi tickets!

OMW said...

I'm not a coach. But I, too, am going to miss 'not doing it' this summer even tho I don't start grad school.