Google

Monday, April 30, 2007

The Floor and Stuff

The new floor is well underway. It took awhile to get going on Saturday as dad and hubby spent several hours laying out the floor and trying to determine the best way to make it fit without a lot of wasted boards. We got about 2 1/2 feet installed on Sat.

Hubby and I then went and played poker at the home of one of my co-workers Saturday nite. A good time was had by all. I don't think I ever laughed so hard. M was soooo drunk. I stopped counting when I got to five different kind of drink that he had throughout the evening. We were making up rules as we went along for the last game and he never caught on. Until we told him. We will definitely play with him again.

Sunday morning dad was over bright and early. We made great progress. We had a little assembly line going. Dad and hubby would nail the wood down, I was staging the next pieces and mom was opening the boxes and bringing the wood in for me to pick from. This has been hard work but definitely worth it. Hey, I am using power tools that don't require batteries....

Dad was over today and finished up the last part in the living room. Now he gets to the parts with lots of cutting. He has the entry way and the closet on the agenda next. He has other things going on so this will probably take him the rest of the week to finish up. I still have to stain the molding that needs to go on yet but that should go quick.
Here are some pics. They really don't do the beauty of the floor justice.





















Coming attractions for the next few days.... Our boss hired a new person. He starts tomorrow. He IM'd me today to ask me to let him into the building tomorrow. That is fine except I am in Milwaukee, He is in St. Paul, MN. Several hundred miles away. No one told him that he would be the only person from our group in MN. He wasn't to happy about that. Details to follow soon.


ZOBMONDO!!
Would you rather....
Spend the night enclosed in a coffin in your bedroom
----OR----
be locked inside a funeral home fo the night but free to wander?
This is super easy for me. Locked in a funeral home. I am terrified of being locked in something small like that and not able to get out. I'm not claustrophobic but I have a thing about my arms and hands being free.
Have a good week!~

5 comments:

J. Gambino said...

definitely the funeral home. I can take possibly running into a ghost better than thinking I am going to die of suffocation. Although I did make out with the guy in a coffin in the back of a hearse once. But I guess my mind was on other things.

The floor looks great, can't wait to see it in person.

Blonde said...

I have spent the night in a funeral home. I dated a guy in college who's family owned one and they lived there. Fucking creepy.

Your new floors are gorgeous! I wish I had a man to put new floors in for me...

ndheathen said...

I'll be a vampire and get in the coffin.

Kris said...

The floor looks nice, and I think the funeral home would be the option I pick.

OMW said...

When I had my Hearse I actually did sleep in the coffin once in a while. Camping, too drunk to drive.