Google

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Ok, I Think I'm Back Now

I am finally feeling better. I have had a nasty cold for the last few days. It started on Wed and by Friday really sucked. I went and played poker (I really should have stayed home) on Friday nite and felt so-so. Thanks goodness the church smoker was non-smoking. My fever broke overnite and by Sat. it had settled into my chest. So now I am just hacking alot but feel much better.

Friday, hubby and I played poker in a church smoker. It was fun and I will do it again. I was just happy that I lasted about an hour longer than hubby did. Didn't make any money or stay around long enough for the food. I was home by 8:30 pm. Hubby went up to the bar where he ran into the rest of the gang. Gambino called me and talked me into playing in another poker tourney on Sat. afternoon at Big Mama's. I said yes. Sat morning rolls around, I was not really wanting to play but hubby already payed for me so I was kinda stuck. Good thing I played. I finished 2nd!!! That's right 2nd place. Netted myself a cool 150 bucks!! whooo hooo....We started with 38 people. I outlasted hubby, K, A, Gambino, and even the infamous StB. I got luckier than hell a few times but felt that I played a solid game. I think that most of the guys, who did not know me, under-estimated me. Here I was drinking soda, barely talking cuz my throat hurt and still a bit feverish. That was the third tourney I have ever entered and I was very proud that I did as well as I did :)

The Olympics are on and I am addicted. I have both dvr's going to record stuff so I can watch later. I may have to delete other stuff so I don't run out of room. Who would have thought that 80 hours of room is not enough?!?!

Went to my parents for hubby's birthday dinner. Always an adventure. My sister and her hellacious rugrats.... yikes... I am so glad that we have dogs and they are good dogs. My oldest niece, C, is almost 11 and my sister wonders where C gets an attitude from...rolling her eyes and talking back... Last week I stopped over there and heard my sister call C a little bitch... WTF!!!!! All I know is my mom never, ever swore at us and when she did damn was the strongest word that came from her mouth. Hello, she only repeats what she sees and hears! Then the kicker was that my sister kicked C out of the house. again WTF?!?! where is a 10 year old going to go. So C walked down to my parents house, who live about 1 block away, at 11:30 pm at nite and stayed there. My sister said that if C wasn't going to live by her rules then she was going to call social services and let them put her in a foster home. My sister is soooooo fu$%ed up. Those poor kids. Luckily, hubby is a good sport and is going to take C to the father/daughter Valentine dance for Girl Scouts next Sat nite.

ZOBMONDO!!!

Would you rather....

Marry your first boyfriend/girlfriend

----OR----

marry someone your parents chose for you??

I am going for my first boyfriend. He was a good guy. My parents don't choose my Christmas presents very well, trust them with picking my spouse, no way!!

1 comment:

cosmopolgirl said...

I think people need to apply for a license before they can have kids. It's horrible the way some people treat kids that way.

Definitely first boyfriend. He was okay. My father NYC cop, I'd be screwed.