Google

Monday, February 27, 2006

A Letdown and a Fairy Tale

The Olympics are over. I feel like I am missing something. I would come home, ride my bike and watch the Olympics. Eat dinner while watching the Olympics. Now nothing... Deal or No Deal was on but even that did not seem to have the same appeal as the Olympics did. I guess it will take a few days for my schedule to get back to normal.

Today's topic is a fairy tale of sorts (as told by my hubby).

Many, many years ago, in a suburban development somewhere in this great country, a housing developer got the brilliant idea for the Magic Chute. What is the magic chute you ask?? It is the hole in the wall that leads to the basement. What do you do with this hole in the wall that leads to the basement?? You throw clothes down there. Why?? So that they come back clean. Who cleans them?? I don't know that it what makes the chute so magic. I throw my dirty clothes down this hole in the wall that leads to the basement and the next day, I open my closet door and VOILA! There the clothes are all nice and clean and pressed. It must be magic for I am not the one who cleans them. This seems to happen every few days. So it must be magic, right??

Notice folks that this was my hubby's version of the story. Not mine. My version goes something like this.

Some asshole decided that instead of having guys leave their dirty clothes on the floor for their wives to pick up, put in a basket and carry to the basement to wash them he would put a hole in the wall so that guys could throw their clothes down so that we could wash them. This is all fine and dandy except for the fact that the clothes never stop falling from the ceiling in the basement. I can go down at 5:00pm and the basket will be empty. At 6:00pm, it will be full of dirty clothes. Usually it is my hubby's sweaty, smelling, gross workout clothes. Now I have to wash, fold, in some cases iron them and bring them back upstairs and put them away. When is it my turn to dump stuff down there and have it come back all nice and clean??

It's a travesty, I tell ya!!

p.s.... anyone know of a good Chinese laundry on the south side of town that still does laundry by the pound?? I used to love to take our clothes there. It was like a dollar a pound to wash and iron your clothes. I was sad when they tore the one down to make it a patio/outside deck for a bar.

ZOBMONDO!!

Would you rather....

In a fight, be armed with an eight-inch knife

----OR----

a crowbar?

I am going with the crowbar. More leverage when swinging it.

5 comments:

AletaR said...

I'm going with the crowbar also. It has multiple uses...I share your magic chute feelings. Let me know when you find that Chineese laundry. Of course I'll probably have to be the one who loads it up and takes it, picks it up and then gets it home and puts it away, so either way we're at some kind of loss

Erik said...

I dunno about the laundry, I've been doing my own for so long, it doesn't bother me. In fact, it's a task that I like. Seperate and put clothes in the washer, goof off for a half hour, put in dryer, goof off for 40 mind, check clothes, goof off for 20 mins, fold. I get the shirts that don't require ironing, so there isn't another step there.

I'd go with the knife. There's lots of nasty things you can do with a knife, and it's much faster than the crowbar.

WhisKeYGyrL said...

Ok the "magic" chute is far better then sailing down the stairs on top of the laundry basket, twisting your ankle in the process, because your husband stacks the clothes to the ceiling on said laundry hamper/basket. I miss the magic chute... Think I'' knock a f*cking hole in the wall myself...to prevent further injury to self... =) Crowbar...you dont have to get as close to the other person...

cosmopolgirl said...

Crowbar! You'ld have to get too close to do dammage with the knife! Good smack in the head with the crowbar and you've got them!!

I love your hubby's version, unfortunately life is much more like your version! damm reality!

J. Gambino said...

I cannot comment on the magic chute as my husband does his own laundry. Though I am slowly taking it from him. Only because I do it better and I like him smelling clean and stuff.

I would take the crowbar. I have had one experience with a knife and I'll show you the scar on my thigh. It doesn't matter if you are the one holding it, everyone gets hurt in a knife fight.