Google

Monday, February 06, 2006

I'm Back

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post. The past week has just been really exhausting and hectic. My eyes are finally looking like normal and not all puffy.

The funeral for Dave was beautiful. He was buried with military honors and it was extremely emotional to see the honor guard folding the flag and presenting it to his brother. Gambino gave an awesome eulogy as well as did Pete and my hubby. There were lots of tears shed and many great memories shared with family and friends. One of the best stories was of our friend, Mas. Dave always called Mas his little buddy. Dave was the Skipper and Mas was Gilligan, his little buddy. After the luncheon on Friday, one of the guys that Dave worked with at the Legion post came up to Mas and introduced himself. They chatted for a few minutes and the guy said to Mas, 'Yeah, Dave always said that he was the Skipper and I was his little buddy.' Mas' jaw hits the floor and he just kinda looks at the guy and says 'yeah, that was nice...' and they part ways. Mas comes back to the group and re-tells the story. We are all laughing our asses off. Someone had then made the comment about how many other little buddies did Dave have?? Was Dave two-timing Mas?? Mas said that he thought about speaking at church and was going to tell the everyone how he was Dave's little buddy. Good thing he didn't or who knows how many other people would have stood up and said that they were Dave's little buddy as well.

Went to P&K's last nite to watch the Super Bowl. I have to admit, I really did not watch much of it. I spent most of the evening talking or playing poker. Yes, I took 2nd place to StB's 1st. I won a cool 10 bucks!! woo hooo... K helped me put my new pedals on my bike. So today I spent the first 15-20 minutes of my ride trying to get my shoes clipped in and out of the pedals. Thank god, I was on my trainer and not really riding or I would have fallen over more than once. I am getting the hang of clipping my right foot in but the left one is a bit trickier. I guess my left foot is not as coordinated. It felt nice to ride today. The last few days did not afford me the time to ride at all. I am still trying to catch up on the 50 million loads of laundry. I swear I changed clothes twice, sometimes three times in one day.

ZOBMONDO!

Would you rather.....

Have every driver but you be a 'student driver'

----OR----

have every driver (except you) on the road be at least 75 years old?

I am going with the student driver on this one. I can tolerate someone who is learning (hopefully good habits). We all had to learn at some point in time. Let's jut hope they grow up to be good drivers.

4 comments:

Blonde said...

Again, very sorry to read about your friend. Military funerals are always impressive. My father was buried with honors and it is moving.

I would rather the road be filled with studen drivers. At least they drive the speed limit and know not to be in the left lane.

J. Gambino said...

Thanks for the kudos!

I would have to say I would drive with the old people. Since they just putt putt around, I would always be ahead of them.

cosmopolgirl said...

keeping your friend in my thoughts!

---hard one....probably student drivers...i think i would get too annoyed driving behind a whole lot of 20 mph's on the highway

Erik said...

I'll go with the student drivers. They aren't driving Buicks that they can't see over the dashboard. They aren't going 25 in a 50. And they don't have someone in the car who can tell them how to drive, unless they have a nagging spouse.